Chapter 15

"Alright Max. What did you break?" Steve asked. Steve and his partner Mike are the cops that come and visit us when our 'nice neighbors' call in about noise complainants. They've been here so many times they know everything about the offices. Steve is a tall, muscular man with brown hair and green eyes. (Fourth wall about to be broken) For those fangirls out there, he is a hotter Channing Tatum. Mike is the opposite but he is also fit.

"Just a door." I said causally.

"Third one this year!" Adam said throwing his hands up. I rolled my eyes and stepped aside.

"Come in." I said and they walked in. They knew exactly where my office was. The started laughing when they say the chair and door.

"Shut up." I mumbled and walked away.

"Do take me tase you." Steve said jokingly

"I'll beat your ass." I snapped back. He laughed harder. I walked to Stella's office,she hasn't been out since the accident. I knocked on the door and there was no answer.

"Stella?" I said, knocking again. Still no answer. The door was unlocked and I opened it. Stella was on the floor, out like a light. I thought of the worse and I ran over to her.

"Stella!!" I said, panicky. I bent down and trying to understand what's wrong. Her eyes fluttered open and I sighed in relief.

"Sorry." She muttered. I looked at her confused and she sat up.

"I needed sleep." She said yawning.

"There us literally a couch like two feet away." I said helping her up. She stopped midway and grabbed my arm. She started to sway and I quickly picked her up. She started to laugh.

"I got up to fast. That was cool! Like my vision went black but I like didn't pass out!" She exclaimed. "I'm fine you can put me down now." I shook my head and held her tightly. I walked out of the office and everybody was staring at us.

"Did you die? Max was going crazy!" Ross said, lying. I flipped him off.

"Fuck off." I said and set Stella in a chair.

Stella P.O.V.

As Max put me down in a chair I looked at these two police officers. Why are they here.

"Stella, this is officer Steve and Mike." Adam announced. I nodded but still confused.

"Is someone getting arrested?"I asked. "I swear I didn't do anything." I pour my hands up from innocence. The guys laughed.

"Steve and Mike are the ones who answers the noise complaints from our neighbors."Max kindly said.

"Yes we've witnessed the three doors and the hundred amount of windows he had broken." Steve said, in a-matter-of-fact tone. I laughed and stood up. Max was hesitant to even let me stand up because of what happened minutes ago. I rolled my eyes and swatted his hand.

"Max. Protective? Who are you?" Steve asked.

"Shut up man." Max growled. I laughed and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed some chips and got Gatorade. I was about to walk out when Mike came in.

"Hey" I said and sat down I'm a chair. He sat down across from me.

"So who is this mystery girl?" He asked. He had a strong French accent.

"There isn't really much to know." I answered, eating some chips. "I'm just a small town girl." He smiled.

"Well a small town girl and a small town boy can go great together." He said softly.

"Max is from a small town?" I asked, confused. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I am." He scooted closer. Is he trying to flirt with me? Let's play fire with fire.

"Oh really? Well that's nice." I said giggly and scooted closer.

"Well Stella. Forget Max for a moment." He said and leaned in. I can't hit a cop, I can go to jail. And I can't kiss him. I pulled away but he didn't care. He pulled me closer but I fought him. He grabbed my wrist and held then above my head.

"Stop." I said.

"I know you want this."He whispered.

"Get off of me." I commanded. He didn't listen and I did the only thing that I knew I could. "HELP." I yelled. Mike was too late to get off of me and everyone came running in. Max was the first to get here and grabbed Mike's shirt and threw him off of me. Adam came over and held me.

"WHAT THE HELL" Max yelled.

"Mike you can go to jail." Steve said, calmly. I cried in Adam's chest, knowing that he is taking over for Max.

"You. Are. Dead." Max said, his voice was different. I didn't know this side of Max. I'm frightened on what he is going to do.

"Why did you do that Mike? I thought we were friends." Adam said, still holding me. Mike ignored both of them and just stared at me. I didn't think it would go this far.

"She flirted with me" he said. I stood up and walked to him.

"Yeah. I wanted to play along with your little plan then ruin it. I just didn't know it was going to go that far." I answered and slapped him. I was about to go at him again until Max pulled me back. I fought him.

"Let me beat his ass!" I yelled.Ax picked me up and took me outside. He put me in his car and we drove off. I was pissed that he didn't let me  anything. But I didn't want to fight him. I sat quietly, looking out of the window. I can feel Max's eyes on me but I didn't look over. We got to his apartment and I got out before he could come over. I walked quickly to the apartment, and unlocked because he gave an extra key.

"Stella, stop." He said, coming behind me. I sighed and turned around. He didn't stop walking towards me and embraced me.

"I'm fine." I said, hugging him back.

"I know, I just wanted to hug you." He said, being a goof. I laughed and entered the apartment.

"Are we not going back to work?" I asked. I checked my phone and it's only one o'clock. He nodded his head and I sighed.

"Only if you want to." He said, noticing my sigh.

"Fine. I gotta catch up on my videos." I said and sat on the couch Max sat beside me and pulled me to him. I leaned on his shoulder and we watched a quick movie about some cheesy love story. I guess I fell asleep because I woke up with Max poking me.

"Get up it's three." He whispered. I opened one eye and closed it again.

"In the morning?" I asked, groggily. He chuckled and sat me up.

"No, sweet cheeks." He said. I groaned and got up. I stretched and yawned. Why am I so tired? I have been like this for days now. I ignored  the thought and snapped back into reality. 

"Let's just go." I said, rudely. I didn't mean it and Max certainly didn't understand why I said that. "Sorry" I mumbled and walked to the car. He stared at me for a bit but then shook her head and walked to the driver's side. The car ride was silent and awkward. I hated it but I didn't want to talk. I couldn't get my mind off of that thought. I don't know why it's still on my mind. 

When we got to the office, I walked straight to my office. Ross tried tot talk to me but I ignored them. I guess Steve and Mike already left because everybody was back to work. Hopefully this will be an uneventful rest of the day.