Chapter 7

"Nothing! I'm fine!" I said unconvincing. He looked at me weird but shook his head.

"So. Um. I wanted to ask you. I-I um." He stuttered. I stood up and walked towards him.

"Spit it out Max." I said laughing. He took a deep breath and said it.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me." He said.

My eyes widened. Is he being serious? I realized that he was and I smiled.

"Yes!" I said excitedly. "I mean yeah, that's cool." I said trying to compose myself. He laughed and hugged me. His hugs were so comforting and nice. I love them. We made the plans and he left the room. After awhile I just stood there. I can't wipe this smiled off my face. I eventually walked out of my office and went to Adam's office. I need some fashion advice. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." He said quietly. I slowly opened the door. I laughed, he is the one who tells us to work and here he is doing nothing. But Alesa is sleeping on the couch and her head is on Adam's lap.

"Awe. You guys are so cute!" I quietly yelled. He smiled and closednhis eyes.

"Anyway, when Alesa wakes up, tell her I need her help." I said. He opened his eyes and yawned.

"I can help you." He said, I shook my head.

"No!" I instantly said. He looked puzzled.

"Girly things?" He asked, making a face. Close enough, I thought. I nodded and walked out of the room. No one can know that Max and I are going on a date. Reality just hit me and I realized this was my first date.I quickly went to my office and shut the door.

"Does he even like me?" I asked to myself. I looked in the mirror and reassessed my flaws. Tiny nose, small eyes and a big mouth. He can't like me! I look like this. What if he just wants to go on this date for work reasons? I like him but I don't think he likes me. I don't want to make a fool out of myself. A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I said quite rudely than I meant to. The door opened reveling a shocked Ross. I turned back around and walked to my chair.

"I just wanted to check on you. I heard you were talking to yourself. You alright?" He asked.coming closer.

"Yeah I'm fine. And can I talk to myself privately, please."I said rudely again. What is up with me? Ross is a kind guy, he never done anything to me.

"Stella? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Does everybody know when something is wrong with me? How about all of you just leave me alone!" I yelled and ran out of my office. Everybody was staring at me and tears gathered in my eyes. I know they all are judging me, why wouldn't they? I just went off on poor Ross. I reached outside and plopped down onto the curb.

"Stella?" Someone said behind me. I need sometime alone.

"Leave me alone." I plainly said. Warm arms engulfed me and I knew who it was.

"Stella? What's going on with you?" He whispered. I sighed, he will figure out one way or another.

"I just don't know if this date is real. I just. I have so many flaws, why would you want to even talk to me? I just can't do this. I don't know anything about what my brain is doing to me." I rambled.l and he stopped me.

"Stella, stop telling lies. One,this date is real, I want to learn more about you. Two, you have no flaws whatsoever. Three, talking to you feels like the best feeling ever. Four, just calm down. I know it's confusing because boys are. You have to stop thinking yourself as a helpless girl. You are strong, stronger then me. Your beautiful and I never met anyone like you." He said sincerely. I looked up at him and he smiled.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a pain. I'm sorry for being me. I'm sorry for hating myself. I'm sorry for having panic attacks at the wrong times. I'm sorry for liking you." I said and started standing up. He pulled me back down.

"Dont you ever and I mean EVER say sorry for anything ever again. Understand?" He said in a demanding voice. I jumped when he said that. I nodded.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and smiled. He sighed and laughed. He mumbled something inaudible. We got up and went back inside. Unfortunately we didn't have to go far to see the guys. They all we standing the doorway, listening to us talk. I blushed. They know I like him.

"Your all dead." I said and walked forward. They all ran and back their offices. Luckily Adam wasn't among them. He must still be with Alesa. I need to talk to her, I need help with this date.

" I'll be right back." I said to Max and walked away. I went to Adam's office and went in. The door was ajar so I walked in. Adam was asleep on the couch and Alesa was on the floor with her leg onto of his chest. I laughed, is this how they sleep at night? I guess I laughed to hard because Alesa's head popped up and looked at me. She realized it was me and flew to a standing position.

"I wasn't sleeping!" She stated, rubbing her eyes.

"Mhmm" I said rolling my eyes. "I need help with something." I said putting my hair behind my ears.

"I know that look. Who's the lucky guy?" She asked, grabbing my hand and running to my office. She has a really hard pull and I ran straight in the door.

"Owww." I said rubbing my forehead. She laughed and continued pulling me. Max was looking at us like we were crazy. Help me. I mouthed. He laughed and shook his head.

Alesa locked the door and pushed me in my chair. "Spill it." She said sitting on the floor in front of me.

"Well Max and I..." I started.

"Max!!!! Oh my gosh! Yess! Finally!" She screamed. I laughed.

"Why are you more excited then I am?" I asked

"You and Max had been flirting worth each other since day one." She said jumping up and down.

"We have?" I asked thinking back. I don't recall me flirting with Max. Alesa looked at me like I was stupid.

"Yes, Stella you have. End of story. So you need a dress? I got the perfect one!" She said quickly and pulled me out of the office.

"Stay here. I gotta say bye to my hubby." She said and ran to Adam's office. I waited awkwardly while everyone else was working. Max was glancing at me as he was editing a video. Every time I look at him, he looks away. This went on for about 5 minutes and I was anxious. 3 hours until our date. Finally, Alesa came out of the office smiling. I gave her a questioning look but she shook her head. We walked to her car and drove to their house.

"You don't have to do this." I said getting out. She laughed and nodded.

" Oh yes I do." She said and pulled me to her closet. She opened it and I gasped. It was a huge closet filled with clothes and shoes. "I got them for my dates with Adam, but I don't really use them anymore. So have fun!" She said and started to pick out dresses.

"Let's do this." I said to myself. I prayed good luck to myself and Alesa because we are going to need it.