Chapter 55

Max P.O.V.

I stood in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. I clutched the blade in my hand and tears started running down my face.

I am never the one who turned to self harm. I have never touched a blade by I have been around them. Everyone in the offices has been around blades. Adam has used them, Ross almost used them. I on the other hand has never touched one let alone used one. But that changes right now.

With all of the pain I've caused everybody. Stella, this would have never happened if I would have paid attention. Adam, of I didn't break up with Stella he wouldn't have so much stress. Ross, he never had time to talk to anybody. He broke down because he couldn't take it anymore. I flipped the blade around in my hand and pulled up my sleeve.

Pain radiated from my arm. By the time I ended, my left arm was covered with blood. It felt good to let all the stress go but at the same time I regretted it. I grabbed some paper towels and wiped off the blood. Eventually they stopped bleeding and I pulled down my sleeve. My phone buzzed and it was Adam.

"Hey." I said as normal as possible.

"Hey. Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Um. Yeah. You just called me at a bad time. What's up?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Alesa is getting discharged and we all are going out to eat. We were wondering if you wanted to come." He said.

"Can we see Stella first?" I asked.

"Of course. Pick you up shortly." He said.

"Alright thanks."

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked. I groaned quietly.

"Yes Adam. I'm fine bye." I said and hung up. I'm not rude, just agitated.

I threw away the bloody paper towels and washed my hands. Nobody can know about this. I've gotta hide it from everyone. Especially Stella, she doesn't need to know anything while she's recovering.

I grabbed my wallet and sat on the couch and waited for Adam. I miss Stella. I love her and she doesn't know that. There was a knock on my door and I opened it. Adam stood there with his hands in his pockets smiling.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded and locked the door behind me. He knew something was up but I completely ignored him. I got in the backseat of his car and we drove to the hospital. It isn't that long of a drive so Adam doesn't have to say at anything. We parked and I practically jumped out of the car. I went straight for the front desk.

"You know where her room is." The receptionist said when she looked at me. I need and went to Stella's room. I knocked on the door and there was no answer. I slowly opened the door and powered in. Stella was sitting there, stand right at me.

"Hey." I said casually.

"Hi, Max." She answered. "Can you get everybody in here. I have to tell you guys something." I shrugged and went back outside. I told Adam to get everybody in Stella's room.

When we were so in there there was a couple of nurses that took care of her and the doctor. They were talking to Stella secretly. When they saw us they dropped and cleared their throats.

"So I have to tell you all something and I need you to promise men not to get mad. Especially you Max." Stella said. How does she know that I get mad easily. I thought she doesn't render anything. Maybe her memory is coming back. I nodded and she continued. "I lied."

"Lied about what?" Ross asked.

"About losing my memory." She answered. My eyes widened and I gasped. She remembers?

"Actually she does have amnesia. She doesn't render anything from the past 2 weeks. Nor the suicide." The doctor said. She remembered this whole time. She remembers me.

"Excuse me for a moment." I said and started to walk out of the room. Adam grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Let me go with you." He whispered. I shook my head and pulled my arm away. I walked out of the room and slammed the door shut.

Emotions are running through me and I don't know how to act. I want to punch the wall, completely break down, jump up and down in happiness and just kiss Stella. I'm relieved that she doesn't have bad amnesia but she lied. At a critical time. I'm not going to blame this on her, up  never do that but I cut for her. It was my decision to do it. Everyone has the side of their personality that blames other stuff on other people. Well  that what my brain is doing right now. That is why I want to punch the wall. I hate this.

Stella P.O.V.

When I woke up I felt like I was dying. My whole body hurt. I couldn't breathe. But then I heard Max's voice and I felt better. It wasn't like bam I'm okay. He made the pain go away, I couldn't feel anything. I focused on his choice and his choice only. I didn't open my eyes because I was afraid that he wouldn't be there anymore. But then his phone ran and he left. The pain came back and my eyes shot open. People can running in and I feel asleep again. When I woke up the doctor was there. He told me that I had amnesia and that explained the fuzziness in my head.

I had the greatest idea on Earth. Who wouldn't want a practical joke in a hospital. Of course I wasn't thinking straight, I never am.   Thought if I faked bad amnesia for awhile then then tell everyone they would laugh about it. What was I thinking? When I saw Alesa, I was confused on why she was in a wheelchair but then I remembered ago I 'forgot' about her. She was devastated when I told her and know she devastated that I lied. Max. I guess this was hard for him. I wouldn't be surprised, the one that he loves so much doesn't remember him. Of course he thinks that the suicide was his fault. But it wasn't. It was my fault. The depression was crushing me and that was the only way I thought could help. Boy was I wrong.

When Max slammed the door shut I realized on what I did. I mentally slapped myself but kept a light smile on my face. Adam excited himself to go after Max. Lord knows what he is doing with his temper. The only person who laughed about this prank was Ross. He said that he thought it would be good if it didn't backfire. I agreed but still wonder why I did it.

As for my physical health, I once again have to wear a neck brace. Fractures left and right. I'm on a 72-hour suicide watch which I'm okay with. I still have to choose the counselor or be admitted. I frankly don't care right now.

It's been about an hour sense Max left my room. I'm eating crackers and peanut butter. Alesa and Emily was sitting beside me and we are talking about high school.

"Stella. Who did you to prom with?" Alesa asked. I thought of my senior prom and smiled.

"His name was David and we dated throughout the year." I answered.

"Ooooo. High school sweathearts." Emily fangirled.

"Ha ha. It wasn't like that. We broke up, well he broke up with me because I was to much as a bitch. But I knew it wasn't going to last anyway."

"Sounds like Emily's love life." Alesa said.

"Hey! Totally not true!" Emily exclaimed. I laughed. It's glad to be back.

"Mhmm." Alesa laughed. There was commotion outside and the door burst open. Is there a fire or something?

"This is all your fault!" Adam yelled, running in towards me.

"What?" Alesa asked.

"You made him do this." He growled at me. He held a dark look in his eyes and his fist were clenched.

"What do you mean? What did I do?" I asked.

"You made Max cut Stella. You did this. This is your fault."

A/N

Sorry for not updating on the right time for the last couple of chapters. Home and stuff has been happening.