Chapter 23

Alesa P.O.V.

I woke up with the bed empty. I yawned and got out of it. Today's going to be a great day. It's Friday after all. I went to the bathroom and then went downstairs. The smell of bacon filled my senses and I smiled. Adam was making breakfast while Mason was in his rocker. He looked up and smiled.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said. God I love him.

"Mornin'" I said and sat in a chair by the island.

"How's your hand?" He asked coming over to me. He bent down and kissed me. My insides melted. Every time. I unwrapped my hand and took the bandage off. It was covered with blood and I gagged.

"I hate blood," I said, throwing the used bandages away. I walked over to the sink to wash the wound. I winced in pain as the soap cleaned it. Adam came up behind me and took my hand.

"I'm not a doctor but you may need stitches. Alesa it's still bleeding." He said, wrapping it again. He knows I hate needles.

"Funny Adam, that's a definite no." I said and got a plate of bacon. I literally passed out when I got my blood done. That needles was huge.

"Alesa, I'll be there with you. It's going to be short. I promise." He reassured. I sighed and laid my head on the table. I hate needles, but my hand hurts like hell.

"Hey, Ross. I'm dropping Mason off, Alesa and I are taking a quick trip to the hospital." Adam said on the phone. I looked up and saw him getting Mason ready. I groaned, he never takes no for an answer.

"We're fine! Alesa just had an accident."

"No you don't have to come. And you're getting ready aren't you?"

"Everyone else is coming also aren't they?"

"How the frick did Max tell them already? I didn't even tell him yet."

I rolled my eyes and finished my food. I got up to clean the dishes when I felt a little dizzy. I stopped walking and placed my hand on the counter. Lost too much blood I guess.

"Alesa? You okay?" Adam asked. I looked up and saw him standing up.

"I'm fine, just a little dizzy," I said and sat back down.

"I gotta go. We'll meet you there." Adam said and hung up. He grabbed Mason's diaper bag and or him in the car seat. I got up and walked to the car when Adam swept me off my feet.

"I can walk Adam. I'm not going to pass out." I said, fighting him. He held tighter and walked to my car.

"Not taking any chances," he mumbled and set me in the seat. I put my seatbelt on and leaned back. We rode to the hospital in silence. Mason was taking a nap and the radio was off.

"Adam," I said quietly. He glanced at me and I continued. "Is everyone coming?" He nodded and drove a little faster.

"Calm down, obey the speed limit," I ordered and sat up. He sighed and slowed down. I grabbed his hand and held it. He eased a bit but still tense.

We finally got to the hospital and Max pulled up also. Ethan was right behind him. I took my seatbelt off and opened the door.

"Dont move," Adam said. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I got out of the car and closed it. Ross came and got Mason and Max grabbed the diaper bag. I walked to the emergency door when I got dizzy again. The last thing I remembered was Adam pulling me close to him.

Time Skip brought to you by DJ Baby Mason.

I woke up with beeping. My arm was sore and my head hurt. I opened my eyes and looked around. Max was talking to Ross and Stella outside. Adam was sitting on the chair beside my bed, sleeping. Typical Adam. I looked at my hand and it was wrapped. It was huge and it hurt like hell.