Chapter 20

Stella P.O.V.

(A few days after
the last chapter).

The last couple of days were uneventful. I just did videos with my co-workers. We haven't been anywhere, other then the office and each other's houses. I have been resting my ankle when I can. It still hurts like a mutha fucka. Max and I have gotten closer but he is still a douche to me.

"Hey, Stella. What's up? " Alesa asked, coming into the lounge. She sat beside me and I moved to let her be more comfortable.

"Not much. Pretty bored to be honest." I admitted. I couldn't do anything because of my ankle.

"How is your ankle?" She asked. I looked down at it. It had a pack of ice on it so the swelling would go down.

"Getting better, I guess." I answered, wiggling my toes. She laughed and laid back on the couch.

"So I need your help. Adam and I are going on another date in a few days. But I feel like this one will be different." She started.

"What do you mean different? I mean your already married to him, so he can't purpose to you." I asked. What is Adam up to? Vacation maybe. Or maybe a new house? Or just a nice date?

"I know. That's why I need you to snoop around and try and figure out something." She said, standing up. Mason started to cry.

"Alesa!" Max yelled. " I will not hesitate to shut him up for you!" I laughed and shook my head.

"Duty calls." She whispered and then spoke to Max, "IF YOU TOUCH HIM. YOU DIE!" Then she left. I smiled, they're such goofballs. But I love those goofballs.

Max P.O.V.

Don't get me wrong I love that kid but his gets are so loud. Mason is a bundle of joy but when he doesn't get food, he's the devil. Adam and Alesa are great parents probably the best I've ever seen. They balance their work with Mason and it's amazing.

I couldn't get my mind off of Stella. She's evil but thats one thing I love about her. She is literally just like me but a girl. But her hair is black not ginger, I'm taller than her, about two inches to be exact. She's so beautiful, but she doesn't know it. Everything about her is perfect. I dont know if I love her, I know I really really love her. I have never loved anybody before so I don't know what it feels like. I mean whenever I'm close to her, I start to panic. What if I say the wrong thing? What if I forget to say something? What if I do something wrong? What if I forget to do something? I can't get it out of my head.

"Max!" Someone yelled. My head snapped up, it was John. "Yous okay?" He asked

"Yeah, just thinking." I said, continuing work. We squinted his eyes but shook it off. I mentally thanked him.

"So I needs your helps with something." He said, coming over. I nodded and minimize what was one my screen. "I'm trying to figures out what edit I shoulds put heres" he said, bending down and plugging in a USB. I opened the video and watched it. He stopped it four minutes in.

"Rights here," he said, pointing to the screen. It was when he died a stupid death. "Like should it be I will always love you or Chariots of Fire theme songs?" He asked.

"Well since your falling so gracefully, Chariots of Fire. Because it would add a greater sense that you can't play this game. And you really suck at this death run, John. Like this is bad." I said.

"Hey! Shuts up! I'm having ans off day." He said and walked away.

"You forgetting something?" I yelled to him. He stopped and turned around. I threw him his USB and he mumbled a thanks. I laughed and went back to work. Today is really boring, just working. There aren't any vlogs because Adam's queue is full. Stella hasn't been visiting since her ankle, she either stays in her office or the lounge. I miss her spunkiness, She has been sleeping more often. She claims that she's been working hard but I know there is actually something wrong. I plan to find out soon, before it's too late.

Stella P.O.V.

I limped towards Adam's office, trying to figure out what I will say. I yawned as.I knocked on the door. Man am I tired.

"It's open!" He yelled from inside. I opened the door and Adam was sitting at his desk watching one of his videos. How do I want to do this? Acting dumb or acting innocent? Maybe I should act like I'm sad. I closed the door sat down on the floor. I laid my head back on the wall. Adam turned around in his chair and saw me sitting on the floor.

"Whats up?" He asked, carefully. Oh I'm so good at acting. I wrapped my arms around my legs and put my head in between them. "Stella. What's wrong?" He asked again, getting out of his chair. He sat beside me and pulled me into a hug.

"How do you do this?" I asked quietly. He looked at me with confusion.

"Do what?"

"Live." He tensed up and sucked in a breath. He let go of me and leaned back.

"What's going on Stella?" He asked sincerely. I sighed and tried to think of something. Half of this is true.

"I feel so worthless Adam. I feel so ugly, I feel useless, I feel like nobody cares. I know Max doesn't want to deal with my crap. Why am I still living Adam? Why?" I ranted. This was completely true and I started to tear up.

"Stella, stop. Just stop. Your the strongest girl I've ever met. Alesa can't fight like you can. You have so many positive things about you. Stop looking at the flaws cause that's what will bring you down. Your not worthless, people need you here. Max needs you here. I need you here! You are not the type of girl who gives up after a set back. You get up and fight again, until you win. You will die fighting Stella, and I know that. I'm not going to tell you that 'oh it's ok. Everything will be ok' because it won't. I had to fight to live, sometimes I feel what you are feeling right now. Alesa slaps me whenever I feel like that. Stella, I'm going to give you the speech of your life right now." He said and stood up. Damn, this will be a long speech.

"You had a whole chance to just get up and end your life. You could have done that awhile ago. But since you came to me about it, you have fight in you. You just have to find it. Find where it is, grab onto it and use it. Fight the thoughts of death, fight the thoughts of insecurity, fight the thoughts of worthlessness. Fight it all! You can't live life just thinking when you are going to commit suicide. You aren't living life if you are doing it. Stella, you have to be stronger than this. You can't be weak, this is not the time to be weak. You have to suck it up and defend what's yours. Defend your place on this planet. Defend what you have and what you want.You own your life, make it worth your while. My God Stella, you can't think like this anymore. Think on how Max loves you. Think how Ross loves you. Think how Alesa, John and everyone else.in the office loves you. Think how I love you. You punched me straight in the face the first day we met. You meant it and I knew you were different. I knew you fought on your ground. Defend what's yours than go offensive. Kick life's ass. Shows them who's boss. Mark my words Stella. Mark. My. Words."

I stared at him. That was probably the best pep talk I have ever heard. My plan is going down in the toilet right now.

"Thank you," I whispered, still shocked on what just happened.

"No problem, I love you Stella. Please if you feel like this again, don't hesitate to call me. Even in the middle of the night." He said and helped me up.

"Wanna hang out? Like tomorrow or something." I asked, focusing on my plan again.

"No can do. Gotta hot date with my wifey tomorrow." He answered and smiled.

Jackpot