Chapter 79

Word Count:2370

Max P.O.V.

I closed the door and hung up the door. I grabbed a knife and slit open the box. There was a note in there and it said:

A little present for the baby

A fan? Relative probably. I opened the present and didn't believe my eyes. I dropped the present and backed away from it. I picked up the phone and called Adam. He answered on the first ring.

"Get over here now." I demanded.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I got an anonymous present and this is bad. Come here." I said.

"Okay I'll be right over." He said and hung up. I can't believe what I am seeing. A baby doll with a limbs cut out and on it, it says Your future baby girl. Die. What the actual fuck? Who would send this. There isn't no return address or anything. Is it those threateners? How did they get my address though? I closed the box and called the only person I think would actually do something. J answered on the third ring.

"Max?" He asked, with noise in the background.

"Something has happened. I need your help." I said quietly not wanting to wake up Stella.

"What happened? Is Stella hurt? Is the baby hurt?" He asked quickly. I heard him scream at some people and the background noise stopped.

"I know Stella told you about those people who has been threatening us." I started. She isn't slick. I knew she was hiding something. I ain't about to tell anyone how I found out. "The found our address."

"Where they there? Are you guys okay? Where's Stella?" He asked worriedly.

"They sent us a package. An prsent for the baby. It's obscure and threatening. J where are you on this?" I asked.

"They hide their stuff very good. But we have a lead on them. We got this Max. I have connections and I'm pretty sure I know who they are. Everything is okay, don't let Stella stress please." He said. He's right but I can't hide anything from her. I'll tell her after the baby shower. She can't be stressing about this right now, she's already stressed enough.

Adam knocked and opened the door. He came rushing in and shut the door as it was snowing outside. He took his oat off and came to the box. He picked up the doll and shook his head.

"This is not good." He mumbled. I nodded and sat back.

"Max?" Stella called from the hallway. I jumped up and Adam grabbed the present. He opened the coat closet and threw it in there. He shut the door and sat down on the couch right when Stella came out from the bedroom. She sat on me and yawned.

"Short nap?" He asked.

"I slept for an hour." She announced. I checked my phone and it has been an hour. Wow time flies. "Why are you here?"

"Just came to help you get ready for the baby shower." He answered. She sat up and smiled.

"Good because I have a lot of stuff to do." She said and stood up.

"Nope I called him over to take the stuff that you have to do. You get to rest and get off your feet." I said pulling her back down.