1. Running scared

* Hello guys, this is the first book I'm writing. So please have mercy on me.

A little warning to young readers, this chapter contains abuse and mention of the word 'Rape'.

 I hope you guys like it.

Thank you for reading!!

***

Two years back..

The whip came across my back again.

"Losing consciousness already?" my brother, John asked me. 

My hands were hung up from the chains dangling from the ceiling. They were hurting, but what hurt the most was my back; burning from the new scars.

I opened my eyes, my vision blurring with tears and pain to look up at my brother who was gazing at me with such hatred that would even burn the heaven, "Please...I'm sorry, it won't happen again...I swear...Please."

Tears-my constant companion-began streaming down my cheeks. 

A slap came down on my already bruised cheek, "I hate tears, stop crying this instant or you will never see the sun again."

At once I tried to stop crying even though my heart and the pain the back screamed in agony.

My brother left and then came with the keys, unlocking the chains that were holding up my hands.

Blood streamed down my hands and stained the the half sleeved red top I wore. 

My brother came and grabbed my bruised cheek in his hand. "My friends are coming within half an hour, clean up and start preparing a meal for them."

I nodded my head.

"And this is my last warning to you 'beloved little sister'" He sneered, "If you break another piece of crockery, I will not be as forgivable as I was today, understood?"

I nodded my head again and winced he left the basement specially designed for the punishments and torture that I receive.

***

I cleaned up and bandaged my wounds as neatly as possible trying not to cry again. How long am I going to survive this? When will I fight back? Why am I not the strong girl that my dad was so proud of? 

What have I done so wrong that I am being treated like this?

 I came out of bathroom, wrapped in a towel and took out a dark plum top with full sleeves; so that it can hide my wounds and scars and a long skirt that came to my toes not showing a hint of my legs.

How much longer am I going to hide myself like this?

I came downstairs and started preparing dinner for my brother and his friends. His friends were already in his bedroom joking and laughing. I took five glasses of water in tray to serve them.

As I came to John's bedroom I stopped when I heard my name in the conversation.

"Come on, John. Please! I want her for one night, is it too much to ask from a friend?" John's best friend, Henry asked.

John laughed, "Alright, you can have her. But only for tonight."

Henry boomed, "Yes! Which room is the best one in this house?"

At first I didn't understand what they were talking about but then it struck my mind and shook me to the core of my being.

Room...want 'her' for one night...