87. Bony Fingers

Elisa's P.O.V.

Sleep never claims me peacefully, especially not when my love of life is not beside me.

From the past 3 months he's been very busy, so busy that he doesn't even come to sleep beside me and keep the nightmares at bay.

I'd asked him repeatedly what he was upto but every time he would dodge my question with kisses and those kisses made me lose myself to him, those kisses always leads to intense love making and then that question is forgotten for another day.

But today something was different.

The wind was howling as the night showed no signs of light from the moon. The snow was falling as if it would never get a chance to fall again.

I was shivering in my blankets yet I was too scared to get out of my bed. Hiding under the blankets with the hope that any monsters wouldn't get me.

How silly was that? It's like the monster will come inside and then face-palm himself, saying that "Oh shit! She's hiding under blankets again, I can't kill her now." And then go away.

But it's the way my mind works. And I can't fight it even--

I heard my room's door opening slowly and covered my mouth to stop the gasp from coming.

Kate is at the hospital for late duty.

Jack is with her.

Alec won't come back until tomorrow.

Care is sleeping in her house.

Adam is dealing with his mate.

Olivia is having a sleepover with Care.

Gilfred is dead.

John is busy with some work as well.

Then who the fuck is opening my door at 12:00 AM?

I do have my powers to protect mysef but what if it was Gilfred's ghost?

Suddenly the room became more chilled if possible. I could feel the cold cutting through my bones making my teeth chatter and fog coming out of my mouth.

What the hell is happening?

"What's the use of hiding under the blankets, Elisa?" It was a woman's voice but it was not just a voice. Her voice echoed throughout the room when in reality it sounded like a mere whisper.

I shuddered under the blankets while fisting my hands till my knuckles turned white.

My heart was beating erratically as the cold penetrated it.

Suddenly I felt the cold wind slapping all over my body and that's when I realized that my safe haven was removed from me. I opened my eyes slowly to see that my blanket was thrown out of the window.

But what scared me was that no one threw it out of the window.

Just then, I felt bony fingers caressing my hair and that's when my switch blew up.

"Alec!!! " I shouted and those fingers suddenly disappeared.

With as much courage as I could muster, I looked up to find the owner of those fingers.

My heart felt as if it would come out of my ribcage any millisecond now.

"Man, I should really try my luck in horror movies." I screamed again in fright.

Suddenly my senses came back to life and I glanced up to see a laughing face.

This bitch!

"You bitch!" I shouted and threw my pillows on her.