39. Queen

Elisa's P.O.V.

"No please don't die, please don't die Alec." I begged him yet he remained unmoving.

His face was beginning to ashen and dark veins were protruding on his face and body. His cheeks were sunken and his once warm skin which offered me so much comfort was now icy cold.

His full peach lips were now blue and had cracks on them.

All in all he looked like corpse.

I could hear the wolves howling, almost crying, with every passing second they were closing in.

I put my Alec's head on the ground gently, kissed his cold forehead and stood up.

I would protect him even if he is dead.

I heard the rustling of bushes and crushing sound of leaves coming from all directions.

They were circling us.

I saw their red eyes becoming more visible and not even an ounce of fear gripped me.

I will use my powers.

They all were visible now and I saw a pure white colored wolf among the grey and black ones staring at me. Technically they were all glaring at me as if I was the one who staked Alec.

The white colored wolf must be the new Alpha because there was an aura coming off it that spoke power.

They all looked ready to jump upon me and tear me apart.

I kept my attention and calculated their every move all the while staying close to my Alec.

Suddenly I felt the warm feeling on my left  hand and ever so slowly, without taking my gaze off the wolves, I broght my hand up.

Alec's mother's ring was glowing.

Same way as it did the last time.

And like last time, every wolf's gaze was now fixed on my ring.

What is it about this ring?

Does it work on wolves somehow?

I frowned and moved my hand a little and all their gazed danced with my hand's movements.

I have to try every possible thing to save Alec.

Alec told me, When I screamed for his help last time, only he was able to hear me and no one else.

So I guess it's a waste of time to call for help.

I took in a deep breath and mustered up as much courage as I could and took a step in front of them, yet their stares didn't break from my ring.

I could do this.

I have to save Alec.

I brought my hand to the level of my temples and showed my ring to the wolves more prominently.

As if some kind of trigger was pressed, each and every one of them came forward until they were only few feet apart.

Shit.

I was going to die and I couldn't even help Alec.

No! At least save Alec.

The Alpha came more closer and I braced myself for the attack. Even my powers couldn't fight off this many wolves.

I stared right in his eyes and took in calm breaths.

As I waited for him to pounce on me, the strangest thing happened.