74. Tricked

Yo guys. Love you all.

Caroline's POV

"Are you ready?" John asked me as we strolled through the woods towards the castle.

"As I'll ever be." I said.

"You hate me, don't you?" He asked suddenly and I looked up at him.

"Frankly speaking, I just want to kill for what you did to Elisa in all those years but since you saved her life and regretting all you did to her, I just don't like you." I panted and moved a branch away from my face.

"Why do you assume that I'm regretting what I did to her?" He asked me.

I stopped and looked back at him, "Its written all over your face John. You love her, I just don't understand why you did this to her." I said staring in his hypnotic blue eyes.

"Honestly, I don't why I did it. I just don't." He said and I sighed.

We continued walking till we reached at the end of the woods with me ahead of him.

"I guess--"

He sealed my mouth with his hand and pulled me behind a large tree.

I looked up at him but he kept a finger on his lips indicating not to make any sort of noise.

I nodded my head and he loosened his hand over my mouth.

'What is it?' I breathed looking up.

He turned me sideways and pointed at the castle.

There were at least 50 vampires loaded with arms, surveying the area around the  castle, keeping an eye for any trespassers.

They all had machine guns, bullets, stakes and knives strapped on them. And judging from their faces, they would shoot anyone who was unfortunate enough to come in their sight.

'Alec didn't mention any guards.' I breathed.

'I don't think this are Alec's guards.' He whispered back.

That's when the realization hit us and we both said it at the same time, "Gilfred."

'We need to go back.' He whispered.

'No! We're not going back until we ransack the whole castle.' I said back.

'Are you crazy? I could fight them all but then it might signal that Gilfred and he would know that we're here. He's bloodthirsty Caroline. I saw him that day, he just wants to kill.' He said and took my elbow.

'Who said that f**king bastard will get a signal? I won't allow it.' I said and he scrunched his eyebrows.

'What are you planning to do?' He asked me.

'Watch me.' I said walking out from the tree.

"Caroline no!" He said as I snapped my fingers.

Before he could pull me back, night glowed to life as all the vampires burned from the fire I set on them. They could not even scream or move from their spots as the fire engulfed them whole leaving behind no trace of them. It looked as if they didn't even exist.

"What the hell did you do?" He asked me as I went forward.

I looked back at him, "I just set their black hearts on fire and toned down their screams and movements. Now that the path is clear, I'm going in to find them." I said moving towards the entrance.

He caught my arm, "A pure badass I like that." He said and I smirked, "Change of plans I'm coming in with you." I nodded my head and we entered the castle.