66. Break

Alec's P.O.V

I can't believe it.

How is it possible that she found out the evidence?

No no! That's not true. Master Gilfred could never do this to me. He is like my father who was always there to support me.

He couldn't do it!

But more than the thought of betrayal, my heart was beating frantically at the thought of leaving Elisa forever.

Could I really leave her forever?

No! Never. Even the thought of me leaving her for a second brings a type of coldness in my heart that I could never describe. It's like every vein in my heart is turning into frost and slowly making my heart beat difficult.

I was restless, breathless the whole day since she told me that she had evidence. I was sweating up and at the rate I was running my hands through my hair, I'd be a bald man already if not for my strong hair roots.

How in the world am I supposed to stay away from a soul who is the only reason of my living?

I was dreading my footsteps till her house, dragging my time to make it less painful, try to come with some sort of explaination to maybe... win her back but I knew it was futile.

I could not back away from my promise. Not after what I had done with her.

But neither could I stay away from her.

I finally arrived on her porch, contemplating on running away but I can't.

I have to do this.

I rang the bell.

My heart was already feeling empty.

Why did I do this to her? Why did I break my most priceless Gem?

Why did--

"Come in, Alec." It was Elisa's best friend who opened the door.

"Where is she?" I asked in as much strong voice as possible.

She looked at me with a sad expression, as if she knew what I was going through, "In her room, come I'll take you." She said softly.

Why is she acting so strange? I thought she wanted to kill me.

We went up through the stairs and finally arrived at her door.

"Elisa? open up, he's here." She said and knocked on the door.

"Come in and Care? Leave us alone for... some minutes." Her voice whispered through the other side of door.

Just hearing her voice melted away the frostbite from my heart.

Dear Lord, what am I gonna do?

She left without another word and I opened the door after finding my voice.

As soon as I went in, I was engulfed in an almost bone crushing hug.

"Elisa? What happened?" My hands automatically wounded around her waist as fear for her well being shook my heart. She was shaking like a dry leaf in winter.

I pulled out to check her, "Are you alright? What happened? Did someone hurt-- Shh" I soothed her as I saw her puffy red eyes that seemed to have flowed out endless amount of tears.

She shook her head and cupped my face with her small hands and cried even harder, "Please tell me what's wrong littleone, Is it your brother again? Tell me and I'll fix it. Just please don't look so broken." I said clutching her closer to me.