52. Beast.

Elisa's P.O.V

I woke up with a gasp and saw that I was still sitting on that window-sill. It was still raining outside.

Oh My God!

I was not a banshee. I am half-life and half-death itself.

You know you get this feeling in your body when everything is so so calm, like the feeling of calm before storm? I was feeling the same thing. Or more like waiting and bracing myself for it.

These feeling is really the bad one because you just have this sense of premonition that something is gonna happen but you can do nothing until it strikes you.

I hate this calmness.

I can feel the storm getting in closer.

I braced myself for it.

And then it came.

Just like a hurricane, it came and took me in it's whirlpool of pain.

But I did not scream.

No! Never in my life will I call for help again.

Because when I begged for it, it never came.

Instead I took my pain out by biting my bottom lip hard enough to procure blood and dug my nails in my palm to feel them stabbing me.

And just like a tsunami, the pain was gone and I was panting like I'd been chocked.

I didn't scream.

You never really know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you're left with.

I fell down from the window-sill and tried to control my breathing and calm down my heart.

After a few minutes, I felt this rush of something running over my body, this warm feeling rushing through my blood and gathering in my heart. What was this?

Whatever it was, it was very very powerful. It was strumming through my veins and arteries and dancing through my blood.

It was a wonderful feeling.

Are they my powers?

I looked down at my hands and saw that Alec Kincaid's mother's ring was glowing bright blue again.

But why?

It is helping you to anchor your powers honey.

Mom?

Yes my baby girl, for few moments, because your power is being freed from it's dormancy, it is very high. That's why I can talk in your mind while you're awake. But it's not for long. Listen to me Elisa, that ring is very special. It is helping you anchor the powers that would have been too much for your mortal body. Do not remove that ring until you learn to control your powers or else you might die by the intensity of them.

How long would it take to control my powers mom?

When you stop hearing my voice while you're awake. Be careful Elisa. Don't forget you have a dark side too. If you can control your dark side then you will win over your powers. Stay strong my child and be safe. I know we'll meet one day. Fight back. We'll always be with you always and forever.

I could feel her voice was beginning to feel dimmer and dimmer.

Last question mom. If both of you are immortal, then why am I a mortal?

Because child you're on earth. The foremost and the important rule of earth is that every living being has to face death one day and move onto another journey of life. Even Alec has to die someday. It may not be today  for decades or centuries or millennia but he has to die one day and so do you and every other life on earth. I'll meet you in your dreams sweetie. Remember, I love you, you're our eveything. Don't let someone dim your light, only you should have the control over that switch. Be kind and helpful.

Her voice faded away as a lone tear trailed down my cheek.

I love you too mom and dad. I hope you can hear me even if I can't. And I promise I won't let anyone let control my light switch. It's mine and mine alone to control.

I stood up and wiped my cheek, my heart and mind were only saying two sentences in determination.

Start all over again. Start a new chapter.

I will. I nodded my head.

The door of my room opened with bang and in strode Adam, with rage painting his face.

He came closer to me, took my hand in his and placed an iPhone on my up-turned palm.

"What is this?" I asked him in confusion.

"You're leaving. I can't see you like this anymore. You're not the same Elisa I once knew when she laughed with mirth and always had a life in her eyes. You're slowly killing yourself with your broken heart Elisa and I won't allow that. You're leaving and that's final. Call your sister and I'll tell her the location and where to find you.

I just looked at him, "Why now?" I know I asked the dumbest question but he understood it perfectly.

"Because you're like a little sister I once had. She was just like you, always happy, filled with love and had a heart that could tame even the wildest beasts. The only difference is that she never met a beast in her life because her brother was secretly guarding her from the distance. And I'm going to do just that. Have a life Elisa. I want you to start living again and I know how you could start that. The first step is leaving this hellhole and it's beast." He said and my eyes filled with tears at the thought of him considering me his sister.

I finally found the brother that I always wanted.

"Only if her beast allows her to leave." We both turned our heads to the voice who broke me apart.

Alec.
******

Hello my lovely readers.

I'm sorry for late update.

Hear me out. I watched the beauty and the beast.

It was so so so so beautiful and enchanting.

You all should definitely watch it. It a magical tale.

Until then hugs and see yaa.