23. Second chance.

Jack's POV

I was looking at my kitten after 400 years and all that wait was making her look even more beautiful. If only I had appreciated her beauty at that time and confessed my love to her, I would have been the happiest Bona fide in existence.

I sighed.

But what I did in past was in my past. Now I will make my future better by making my Kitten fall in love with me again and spending the rest of eternity with her.

My Kitten was in front of me yet I couldn't take her in my arms and kiss her senseless.

She was shocked that her father was a vampire hunter and still in daze.

"Kitten?" I said

"Stop calling me that! You lost the right to do so after the way you treated me. I hate you and didn't even miss you once in all 4 centuries." She said angrily. Just like an angry kitten who thinks she's a tiger. I chuckled.

She frowned at me but my gaze was caught by something shinning on the dresser.

My eyes widened as I realised that it was my pocket watch that I carried around everyday.

I went there with my speed and picked it up. It was still the same because it was made of gold only a little bit old. It had stopped working but it warmed my heart that she still kept it after 4 centuries with her and it looked like she cleaned it everyday because there was not a single dust particle on it.

My heart filled with joy as I realised that I still have chance to win her back because I now know that she still loves me.

She came and snatched the watch from my hand. I  just stared at her with a raised brow. She realised what she did and pink blush covered her cheeks. So human.

"Umm....you can have it back. I-I just...um....take it." She pushed the watch in my hand with a tearful expression and rushed upstairs.

I smiled because I know that she didn't want to give it to me.

You're mine Kate. And this time you're mine forever.

Few days later

"Why don't you get the hell out of my house?" Kate screamed at with anger.

"Kitten, I told you I came back so that I can prove my love. How do you expect me to do it? Sitting at my house just thinking about it?" I said in a soft voice.

"I'm not going on any fucking date with you." She screeched

I laughed out loud at her colorful language.

"Kitten you sure have changed so much. I love your language and everything about you even more. Here I was thinking past 400 years, that my love for you can't grow more but I'm proven wrong." I said to her.

It's true. For so many decades I thought that I love her the most in the world and that I'm full of love but I was so wrong. I kept tracks of her but I was not able to face her.

I have been looking after my Kitten from far away for 7 decades. Every day I used to think that I would be able to face her today but no. Every day I used to stand in front of her door, revising my lines of what I was gonna say when I meet her but I used to run away because I was ashamed to show my face to her after what I've done to her.

"I don't give a fuck about what you think. Now go away because I'm late for my shift." She said and pushed pass me towards her car.

I have a feeling that her car won't start today.

"Come on Kitten. It's just one date and we're not going to eat anything. I'm going to show you your favourite place. Please?" I pleaded her.

If my past self saw me now then he would kill me with his bare hands.