67. True love

Please read author's note at the end.

Elisa's P.O.V

"Adelfoś, Uncle Gilfred is innocent, Ella is lying" Olivia said and I gasped.

I turned around to look at Olivia, "Sweetie why are you lying?" I knelt down infront of her and clutched her shoulders.

"I-I am not lying Ella. You were the one who attacked Uncle Gilfred with your palms." She said and my jaw dropped open.

She was blatently lying!

I looked back at Alec who had his fists clenched, "No, Alec I swear! Olivia is lying. She was there that day! She saw all--"

"Olivia I won't hurt you or shout at you but tell me only the truth. You know how your Adelfoś hates it when someone lies to him. Tell me, what did you see that night?" Alec said to Olivia without even looking at me.

"I'm saying the truth Adelfoś! Ella threw her palms out and Uncle Gilfred flew across the library and crushed into a shelf." Olivia said and I just looked at her, bedazzled because I don't know what was happening.

"Olivia, look in my eyes and say what you're telling Alec. Why are you lying? No one will--"

Alec snatched my arm and pulled me up, "Enough is enough! How low are you going to fall Elisa? Why do you want to frame Master Gilfred so bad? What has he ever done to you? Or is it because you want to get rid of me so badly that you're using a small girl!" Alec shouted and I flinched.

"No, Alec. I swear--"

"CAROLINE!" Alec shouted again.

Care came running into the room and glanced at all three of us.

"Break our bond right now!" Alec said and I gasped.

"No, Alec. No please, I'm telling the truth--"

"Isn't this what you wanted Elisa? I'm erasing my claim from you life forever! Why are you stopping her now?" Alec yelled and tears poured out of my eyes.

Why am I stopping him now?

I want this, don't I?

Then why is my heart yelling No?

"Go on! Do whatever you want to, to break our bond." Alec ordered Caroline and she looked at me, asking me with her eyes.

Please don't do this!

My heart begged me. It felt as if my heart will break all over again if our bond is broken.

It felt as if the bond is what keeping my heart from shattering completely.

"Do it now!" Alec said.

"No Care, don't you dare." I said in steel hard voice.

I don't want this. I don't want to break our bond. I don't know why I even suggested it in the first place.

"Fine then, but I won't hear another word about Master Gilfred! I was ready to believe you Elisa but you couldn't prove it. I tried everything to gain your forgiveness but you refuse to forgive me. Tell me what do you want me to do? Because I don't know what to do anymore!" Saying that he opened the door and left without another word.

"Alec wait!" I said but he was gone.

"Take care of Olivia, I'll be right back." I said to Care and went after him.

I ran outside but everything was as silent as a dead night can get.

"ALEC?" I shouted his name.