7. The party - part I

"What? I'm not going to any party." I said to Adam.

"You don't have a choice Elisa, Alec wants you to go then you'll have to go. By hook or by crook" Adam replied.

" I don't understand Adam. Who am I to Alec? What are you all trying to keep from me?" I whisper yelled at Adam. There's something really being kept from me and I hated being in dark.

" It's not my place to tell you Elisa-"

Suddenly the door opened to reveal a beautiful young girl with red hair and sapphire eyes.

" Hello, I'm Mia. I'm here cuz Master sent me to ready Miss Elisa." She said in a recited tone.

" Just call me Elisa." What's with vampires here calling everyone formally.

Her eyes flickered to me and there was something like pure hatred that passed through her eyes. It was there one second and gone within the next. Huh. Maybe I'm starting to imagine things.

" Sure Elisa. Shall we get you ready?"

No, I don't want to go to the party. I've never been to one. Caroline always forced me to come with her but I never complied. Dancing was not my thing, heck I can't even walk on plane surface without tripping a few hundred times. So dancing was out of mind.

Mia walked into a closet and started talking, " Master wants you to wear something black or white. I would prefer something black and short. Black will bring out your pale complexion and something short will reveal your legs though your height is a little too short so you'll  need to wear heels and-"

"Wait a minute. I'm not wearing heels. I can't walk in them. I'm clumsy so pick out some flats." I said to her interrupting her rambling.

She poked her head out and said," No Elisa, you gotta wear heels. It doesn't matter if you can't walk in them, we have 1 hour, we'll practice. But heels are compulsary.

I groaned. Oh God! How much more torture is in my way?

She came out with the most amazing black dress.

It was so beautiful with net pattern and flowing style but when she turned the dress I saw a v- style back that'll barely cover my backside

It was so beautiful with net pattern and flowing style but when she turned the dress I saw a v- style back that'll barely cover my backside. The back region of the neck was wide open with turning pointed towards the mid-back.

Oh God! I can't wear this dress. My scars are still there. Even Kate doesn't know that I have scars on my back. And what about my upper arms? They too are covered with scars.

" Umm...Adam, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him while Mia was busy finding the perfect shoes that would go with the dress.

He seemed a little confused," Sure."

I pulled him in the bathroom.

" Can I trust you Adam?" I asked him in a soft voice.

" Of coure Elisa. You can trust me with anything." He said that with so much amount of confidence that I believedhim.