41. Decision

Elisa's P.O.V

Pain.

When I look back at my life, I realise that life has only offered me pain. Life was trying to make me strong but instead of learning a lesson, I suffered it. I never rose my voice.

Now I understand that pain is inevitable in life but suffering was optional.

I was back at the same place where that melodic voice claimed to be my 'real mom'.

I'm just falling in love with this place. There is no pain here, no noise, no nothing.
Just peace.

But when I took my seat on the park bench, I saw that directly in front of me was a golden gate that everyone claims to see when they're about to die.

The gate was beautiful with stong pure golden rods, tall with complex intricate designs on it.

Wait a minute.

Am I dead?

I could feel my mind trying to remind me something important but I am just too happy to be peaceful that I forget about it.

"We meet again my sweet child." The same melodic voice rang in my ears but there was no one to be seen.

For some reason, that voice made me calm even more and happiness bloomed in my heart. Why?

"We do." I said, I don't for a second, believe that she's my real mom.

"I know you don't believe me that I'm your mother Elisa." The voice said reading my mind.

"You can't just expect me to believe whatever you say. I need proof." I said.

"Then think about it Elisa, do you look like your 'claimed parents'?  Your mom had curly blond hair and green eyes while your father had silky blond hair and blue eyes. Your features don't even match with them. They were both heighted whereas you're..... well not so heighted." She explained.

What she said was true. I always wondered why I didn't my features matched with my parents but then I thought that it was genetics.

"My brother has eyes like me and dark hair as well." I said.

"Who said your brother is their child as well?" She said and my breath left my throat.

What did she mean?

"He's not really your brother Elisa. He's not your blood brother and neither are your parents." She said in sad but relieved voice.

But.... "I always hear my mom giving me advices and memories..." I couldn't continue because it was too much to take in.

I was adopted?

The people I loved so much kept such a big secret from me? Why?

It's not like my love would have decreased if I knew that they were my adopted parents because they took care of me as their own.

"That was me Elisa. I was the one interacting with you but your mind kept picturing your claimed mom because your mind didn't know how I looked. So it just conjured up the images. I'm telling the truth Elisa. I was not allowed to talk to you  before you turned 18 but a mother's heart couldn't stop from interacting with her own child, so I broke the rules." She said, truth seeping from her voice which  was close to tears.

"What about my real dad?" I asked as I felt my own tears well up in my eyes.

"Oh! He will talk to you one day Elisa. When the time comes right." She said with a happy voice.