58. Smell

Instagram: The_novel_lover

A/N: As you all wished. Here's the POV of person you love despite what he has done.

Alec's P.O.V

I completed the last file of the day and heaved a sigh.

Vampire or not, work still tires you at the end of the day. I was not tired physically but mentally I was.

And then there was this feeling in my dead heart.

The feeling of emptiness.

Like something important was missing from my life. Like someone had snuffed out the life of my already dead heart.

I just don't understand what was missing.

I felt like it was just in the corner of my mind. Just out of my reach but not beyond my grasp.

I tugged at my hair. What the f*ck is missing from my life?

Master Gilfred was gone to his village for some important work.

Adam was just a call away probably doing some work or polishing the weapons.

I had never felt like this before. The emptiness, it was swallowing me up.

I need to find my mate. I want her powers. I just hope that she's a powerful vampire.

I need to find her soon because the destruction that Jack caused that was already getting on my nerves.

How in the heck was he still alive? I thought I had finished him off but there he was, crumbling my antiques, shattering my windows when I was in the room on second floor.

Wait... why was I in that room?

I went out of my office room to the second floor and opened the door to find the same four poster bed with white sheets, large window that had a branch coming inside where a bird's nest was built.

I had not been in this room for I don't know.... years? Then why was I smelling something.

I went inside and took a deep breath.

There it was. That same smell.

The smell that has been in my room, in my bed and here too?

I was entranced by this smell. The sweet smell of vanilla and...... innocence?

Why did it seem so familiar?

Why did it calmed down my dead heart?

"Hey Alec.... is everything alright?" Adam asked, coming inside the room.

"Hey yes, everything is fine but Adam do you smell something?" I asked him.

He was confused, "Smell? What smell?" He retorted.

I sighed, "I keep smelling this sweet scent of vanilla and innocence. It is everywhere. In my bed, in my room and now here too." I said looking at him.

Something flashed in his eyes but he quickly covered it with a smile, "I think you crave for vanilla ice-cream and how do you know what innocence smells like?" He said laughing.

I glared daggers at him, "Whatever. I need fresh air." I said and teleported myself in the woods.

And the emptiness returned like waves of tsunami.

Elisa's P.O.V

"Let's go." Kate said as I picked up the picnic basket.

It's been days since I returned and I was feeling way better than the day I arrived here.