8. The party- part II

Alec's P.O.V

I punched a hole in the wall. I can't believe this was happening with me. How could I  have a fucking human as my mate. No there must be a mistake.

Calm down, Alec. You-

The door opened to reveal a man almost the same height as his with bulgy biceps and broad shoulders.

His green eyes held knowledge and powers even greater than mine.

I bowed to him, "Master Gilfred, is there something you wish for."

The only man he respected was Gilfred. His master/Guru/ dad, Gilfred was everything to him.

"I heard that you found your mate, Alec."
He said in a calm voice. One thing about Gilfred was he never loses his temper. Complete opposite of me.

"Yes, Gilfred. I did." I said, gritting my teeth.

"Then why are you not enthusiastic. You should be with her. I thought once a vampire finds his mate, he couldn't keep his hands off her let alone be away from her." He said, smiling. He knew for how long I was searching for my Mate. But all the wait was for nothing.

"She's a human." I spat on the word 'human'.

Gilfred lost his smile."Oh! Well, What are you going to do with her?" He asked me.

I remembered the slap she gave and I saw red covering my vision.

"Kill her." I said and started walking back to her bedroom. I don't want powers of a puny human. It was as good as nothing. I am good as I am. I didn't need her puny powers to defeat someone. I was already strong enough.

Gilfred put both the hands on my shoulders and made me look into his eyes.

"You won't do anything like that. If you kill her, you won't get another one. A vampire has only one mate in his entire life time. It  will kill you if you take her life." Gilfred made me understand.

"I don't care." I sneered.

"It's my order Alec. You won't harm that girl." He knew very well that I never defied his orders.

"Go get ready. The guests will arrive anytime and you'll do everything as the traditions say. Alright?" He said.

I nodded my head and went to get ready.
The tradition involved nothing but dancing in each others arms and make a conversation to get to know each other better. Then you're supposed to slid a ring in your mate's finger and kiss on her neck to show your claim on her.

I took out the ring hanging from my neck out. It was my mother's ring. Just thinking about her made my eyes burn. That's why I  tried to think about her less but not a single day has gone that I didn't remember her.

My mother had made me promise her to give the ring to my mate when she was....

What should I do? I can't break the promise I made to my mother but at the same time I can't give my most precious, treasure to this human.

No mother. I'm sorry, I refuse to accept her as my mate. Guess you'll be near my dead heart forever. A single hot tear escaped my eye. I wiped it off quickly.
******

Elisa's P.O.V

Here goes nothing. I stepped down the stairs carefully. I'm so gonna have new bruises because of this heels tonight. Already my knees were turning into a jelly. If not for Adam holding my hand, I would have fallen down way before.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." Adam tried his best to assure me but it didn't have any positive effect on me.

His cell rang off again.