24. Gifts.

(A/N: Very very long chap.)

Elisa's POV

I should feel scared right?

Then why am I so calm?

I stood in the hot shower that was bringing my numb limbs back to life. But when I was in Alec's arms I did not feel cold, only when he left the room then I started shivering. I so wanted to call him back and sleep in his arms.

It was a wonderful bliss.

Alright Elisa, you need to focus and remember how did you end up in that woods.

My inner voice said and I started thinking and pressuring my mind to remember what happened.

Alec left.

I was sleeping.....

Oh my God!

Like a light bulb being flared to life after switching it on, my memory was flared to life by this soothing shower.

I turned it off and donned on a simple white night dress and came out of the bathroom.

Alec came in looking like a Greek God, his hair was still wet and looked more brownish as it was poking slightly.

I put my towel back as he inspected me with an unknown emotion.

But I was more focusing on that memory and now I was a little scared.

I sighed.

Why is my life so complicated?

Alec murmured about something being beautiful and I told him one of my mother's lines.

"Why did you run away from the castle?" He asked me in a dangerous tone and I know that he was accusing me of running away.

If I  did run away then I don't even want to think of the consequences that'll follow if I get caught.

I will run away but not without a proper plan.

"I did not run away Alec, someone made it look like I did." I  said interrupting his thoughts

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Someone kidnapped me from the bed and left me in the woods so that the wolves would kill me and make it look like I escaped and got killed because I ran away."

He was becoming angrier by second because I Know he can sense that I was not lying.

"Someone wants to kill my mate." He said in a low voice.

"Not only me Alec, someone wants to kill you too.
  The only question is if that  someone is  your friend or your foe." I said because what I remembered that chandelier wanting to kill not only me but also Alec.

"We need to be on alert and don't leave my side. Do you remember anything else? Like the face of your kidnapper? Anything?" He asked me.

I remembered something. I know I do but the more I tried the more my head grew heavier. It was something that was worn on kidnapper's hand...

Black spots begin to swin my vision as I tried to remember his face.

Yes, he was wearing a hood but it got attached in a branch of a tree and I saw his face.

"Elisa?"

But why was everything so blurry? Just when the hood went down so did my legs as I slipped down, giving in to the darkness.

Alec's P.O.V

"Elisa?"

She was trying to remember something but  suddenly her legs gave out and I immediately crossed the room to catch her by the waist saving her from falling down.