14. Tears

Elisa's P.O.V

I rushed out of his room as fast as possible. Oh my God! What is happening to me? I was so upset when he said those things to me. I never wanted to see his face again but one kiss from him made me forget those harsh words.

I can't stop thinking about them. I can't stop thinking how soft they felt under my lips. I've never been kissed by anyone not even in school and here in this castle I've already been kissed twice and the worst part: I loved it.

I was so in rush to get out of his room that I forgot to ask him where was Olivia's room.

Now what?

I can't go back and ask him. Heck! even the thought of him brought back the sensation of his lips on me.

Now what am--

"Everything alright Elisa?" I spun around to see Adam making his way towards me. Thank God!

"E-Everything is alright Adam, I was just wondering if you would show me the way towards Olivia's room?" I stuttered a little. Shit! I was still engrossed in his lips.

"You know Oliva? Well great. I will take you to her room." He said.

Oh no! What I'm about to do is one of my secrets and Adam already knows way too much about me. I can't let him come with me.

"No..no. it's fine. Just tell me the directions and I will go myself. I'm sure you have more  important work to do than showing me around." I smiled as I said that. I was babbling, I hope he would listen to me.

He looked a little skeptical, "Go straight and take a right turn, second door." He said.

I smiled gratefully and thanked him. I waited for him to go away and started making my way towards her room. Adam never forces me to say or do things I don't want to do and look at Alec, God! He's a real pain in the ass.

I reached her room and heard her sobbing.

Without knocking on her door, I went in to see that Olivia was seated on the edge of her bed, tears wetting her face as tried to bandage her palm.

My heart went out for her. Whenever I see someone else cry my eyes fill with tears too.

But this time it was for a different reason. I remembered when I was her age and one time when I fell down from the porch stairs. I began crying when I saw the wound and blood flowing from my knee.

My mother immediately came out as she heard me wailing.

Silently she picked me, placed me on a chair, went in and brought a first-aid kit and knelt down so that she was same height as me.

I remembered every word she said as she started cleaning my wound

***

"Mumma it hurts so much."  I cried.

My mumma smiled at me gently and said,
"I know sweetie, but don't  worry mumma is here, mumma will heal your wound. Okay." She said in her melodic voice.

She was so beautiful with curly blond hair and forest green eyes. While I had plain brown hair and plain black eyes.

"Why am I so weak mumma? When brother falls he never cries, instead he hits something." I said while my tears continued falling on my lap.

"Everyone has their own way of taking out their pain, honey. Your brother does it by hitting something while you do it by crying." She smiled warmly at me.

"But tears are sign of weakness mumma." I cried.

"Never say that baby. Tears are not weakness.It's okay to cry, even the sky does it when he can't hold in any longer. Same is with us honey, we cry because our heart can no longer hold the grief, the pain. So promise me sweetheart, never in your life will you hold your tears back because you think you're weak." My mumma explained me and I saw that what she was telling was true.