78. 12 Nails.

Elisa's P.O.V

Waves after waves of agony and guilt hit me in my heart like bullets as I cried.

No, this was not only me. I was feeling Alec's grief as well, does he bottle this up inside him? How could he handle it? How is he still sane?

I need to stop crying. Alec needs me, he has lost his mother all over again. I need to be strong this time.

I pulled back and looked up at him through my blurry vision.

His eyes were struck on that box and his eyes reflected his pain and grief though he tried his best not to show it.

"Alec?" I said hoarsly. Still he didn't look at me but a single stray tear fell out of his eye.

I wanted to curl up and cry too but I need to be strong today.

"Alec look at me." I ordered him as I took his face in my hands.

His eyes finally landed on mine, "I promise we'll avenger her. I promise, it's okay to cry Alec. I can feel everything you're trying so hard to bottle up. Don't do that Alec, let it out or else it'll eat you from inside." I said staring in his eyes.

Suddenly his eyes turned angry and flashed red.

Before I could comprehend what is happening, my hands were holding nothing but air.

I whirled around but Alec was nowhere in my sight.

"ALEC! Alec don't go there!" I shouted but only silence met my ears.

No, I know that bastard is waiting for him. He could kill him!

That realization hit me like a ton of bricks in the from of fear. I need to go after him.

I dashed up the stairs and dressed in whatever clothes that first caught my hand along with shoes.

I ran outside the building but I didn't know where I was staying. What is this place?

One side was a deserted road and the other side held nothing but trees and bushes.

Taking chance and praying that it would be the right direction, I dashed in the forest.

I know nothing of this forest! How am I supposed to reach the castle? I don't remember the road that would take me there.

In frustration I cried out but I shut my mouth when I heard a sound.

A sound I've heards many times before.

The sound of wolves howling.

But why are they howling at daylight? Just like last time, they came in groups and surrounded me with their white fur Alpha gazing at me with serene expression. Rest all looked ready to shread me into pieces.

Everything was same as last time, the only difference is that now I don't have Alec's mother's ring to protect.

But who said that I need it?

I wiped the tears off my face angrily and took at all the wolves.

I was done crying and I was especially done being a weak damsel in distress.

I will fighy each and every one and show them what I am.

This Queen don't need a King to save her.

I called onto my powers and looked in the eyes of every wolf that wants to kill me today.

"Come on! It's high time I show you who the real Alpha is. I'm Alec's mate and I'm the Queen of Vampires. And a Queen doesn't back away when enemies attack. Instead she comes forward and kill everyone who comes in her path. I'm going to show you just that, let's see what you've got." I said as my hands began glowing.