42. Gem and ring.

Alec's P.O.V

"ELISA!" I roared for the nth time and shook her shoulders violently.

She was not waking up.

Her heart had stopped beating since 5 minutes and her body was becoming colder and colder by every minute.

I clutched her to my heart, "Please wake up littleone. Please, I can't bear to not hear your voice again. Please don't give up on me like this. Come back to me!" I begged her but to no avail.

At distance I heard someone knocking the door but I didn't heed it any attention.

They knew what type of death would befall them if they even touched the doorknob.

I tucked her hair behind her ears and kissed her lips, eyes, nose, everything yet she remained unmoving.

Those beautiful eyes of hers remained closed and her singing heart remained silent.

"Elisa please. I can't turn you without your consent. I don't want my dark shadow on your beautiful sun filled life. I don't want to snatch that sun and your dreams away. I know I tell you that I hate you and want nothing but that's not true. I want so much more. I don't hate you. Heck you had me under your finger since the moment my eyes fell on you. I never want to let go. I'm starting to feel this feeling I have never felt before. Wherever I am, my mind diverts towards you. I can't live without seeing your face even for a minute and you're going away from me forever? What would happen to me?" I said to her as I felt a teardrop fell from my eye.

I waited and waited yet she didn't even move her finger.

"Come on Elisa, I know you feel something for me too. I promise I won't kill another soul and try to change myself. I promise I will try to learn about love and remove hatred from my heart. Please! Just don't leave me. It's not fair to show someone the sun and then to banish them from it. Even the devil may cry when he looks around hell and realizes that he's there alone. Don't leave me alone." I pleaded her.

No nothing.

I was losing hope.

How can she die?

It's all my fault, she healed me. She brought life back to my dead heart and now she was the one who was lying.... cold in my arms.

Why? Why does this happen with me? I felt as if my heart was crushing under hydraulic press just at the thought of her not being with me.

"Please Elisa. I will learn how to love. Please just come back for...me. I need you." I pleaded and closed my eyes.

How am I gonna live without her.

I heart an intake in breath as if pulled out of water and opened my eyes.

Elisa!

She took in gasps of breath as if being pulled out of water after 2 minutes.

"Elisa! Yes come on! Try." I said kissing her forehead and rubbing her palm to provide warmth in her cold body.

"Come on Elisa! Open your beautiful eyes and look at me." I said as I saw fast moments behind her eyes. 

Come on!

I engulfed her in my arms to warm her up.

She opened her beautiful eyes and uttered one word that had relief poured in my body.

"Alec?" It was a low tired hoarse whisper but I heard it.

"Yes! Littleone. I'm here, look at me." I said  angling her face towards mine.