32. Couldn't ask for more.

Kate's P.O.V

"Try again." I said as another failed attempt of finding Alec's castle brought tears in my eyes.

Oh God! How am I ever going to find my sweet sister if we won't be able to locate Alec's home.

John was panting and sweat covered his brows as he tried to break Alec's wards surrounding his castle again.

This time Jack screamed while clutching two fingers on either side of his temple.

It was 3:00 Am in the morning and we were trying to break Alec's wards since 3 hours to no avail.

Jack stopped screaming and closed his eyes. Exhaustion was clearly written on his face but he did not give up.

If I was in Jack's place, I would have given up after the first attempt.

It takes a great deal of energy to break the wards of some vampires but because Jack is a bona fide, he could do it as easily as breaking a stick.

But this time, he was not able to do it because he was trying to break the wards of a vampire almost as powerful as him. Alec was intelligent and way too powerful. We can never get Elisa out of his grasp without a master plan.

"Enough Jack. We'll do it tomorrow, you won't be able to break wards in this condition." I said as I laid my hand on his shoulder.

He nodded his head, "I.... I'm..... sorry-"

"Please don't be. If not for you, I'd still be clueless as to where to find Elisa and I'm sure that you can break his wards. Tell me Jack, what's the problem?" I asked while he was still panting but after hearing my question he stopped breathing all together.

"Jack what is it?" I asked again.

"It's.....nothing." He said, not meeting my eyes.

I took his face in my hands and made him stare at me.

"Don't lie. Tell me." I said and he sighed.

"It's just that I couldn't break his wards because I'm not so strong and powerful as I was back in the past." He said and I frowned.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked and he pinched his bridge of nose.

"I do not drink human blood anymore. I only drink animal blood or from the packets, but never from the live source." He said looking in my eyes.

"Since when?" I asked.

"Since you left me Kate. Since 4 centuries." He said and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because I understood compassion and when Alec left me there for the sun to turn me into ashes, there was this old man who came up to me and just ripped the stake out off me and took me to his home in his cart. He had a wife but they didn't had any children. They took care of me like how they would take care of their own children, even better than that.
      That's how I understood what it means to have a family and someone to take care of you without expecting anything in return but love. I loved them more than my own parents." He said.

I hugged him, "I'm so sorry for betraying you Jack--"

"Please don't be, it's just past and we won't be able to change it however much we want to and I never blamed you for doing that to me. I should have confided with you about your father but I was too scared to lose you." He said kissing my forehead.

I pulled back and I knew that I would never be able to hate Jack Thompson.

He's had his punishment and he learned from his mistakes. I wanted a compassionate and loving Jack and I got it.

I couldn't ask for more.

"I love you, Jack Thompson." I said as he looked at me with disbelief and then a 1000- watt smile stretched on his face.

"I love you too, my Kitten." He said and I smashed my lips on his.

I moaned out loud, as his lips did the most beautiful wonders in my mouth.

I---

Suddenly door bell started ringing furiously and I pulled out as Jack growled in frustration.

I went towards the door but Jack stopped me and pulled me behind him.

"Hey I'm not weak." I said as a smirk formed on his face.

"Sure Kitten, we'll check out how long you stay strong when we are in the bed." He said as my face turned tomato red.

The door bell rang again and Jack opened the door.

"Caroline?" I asked confused."What the hell are you doing out there at 3 in the morning?" I asked furiously as I pulled her in and shut the door.

She snatched her hand away and turned to face me with tears in her eyes.

"Did you find her?" She asked as few drops escaped her eyes.

"Are you crazy to just come out of your house this late just to ask that?" I yelled at her.

"DID YOU FREAKING FIND ELISA?" She screamed and for once I was at the loss of words.

Caroline looked ready to break down, "No." I said stopping the tears that tried to escape from my eyes.

"We will Caroline." Jack said but Care didn't heed him any attention.

"When?" She asked in a hard voice."When will you try to find her?"

"Tomorrow." Jack said.

She looked at him, "No. We do it today." She said.

"Care what is wrong with you?" I asked.

She looked so different. She was acting different." Care, Jack--"

"Did you break the wards? Did you locate her?" She asked still looking at Jack.

"How did you know we were trying to break the wards?" Jack asked coming forward.

"Just tell me. Did you?" She asked again and this time I shaked my head.

"Alright. Kate please bring me City's map. We're going to find Elisa my way." Care said.

"What are you not telling us Care?" I asked again.

Tears flowed down her cheek as she said, "I can find Elisa."

"What? How?" Both Jack and me asked at the same time.

Care answered, "I just found out that I'm a witch."
*****

Hello my sweet readers.

Another shocker?

I'm so sorry for such a short chap but I can't do anything. I have my exams right now and I really need to study.

I hope you understand.

Until then hugs and see yaa.