81. Your loving Mother.

Elisa's P.O.V

"Elisa wake up." A finger brushed my face as a jolt of pain shot up through my back.

I opened my eyes and moved a little to feel stiff from head down. Why was I feeling so stiff?

A concerned pair of stormy grey eyes were locked with my eyes, "Alec? What happened?" Suddenly all sleep went from my eyes as I remembered past events.

"You should've woken me up, you slept in sitting position and now your back must be hurting." He said as I moved from my position.

Yes, it did hurt. But I'm accustomed to pain now.

"It's okay. You were sleeping so soundly that I couldn't bring myself to wake you up. You need rest even though you're strong." I said as I went in his outstretched arms and laid my head on his shoulder. It feels so good to have his arms wrapped around me.

He stroked my hair slowly and sighed, "John called. He said that we can... have a funeral today if we want to." He said with heavy voice.

We can never see her again after today. How could we get through this? When a person dies around us, death happens to everyone that loves him/her because a part of our soul dies with that person as well.

I pulled back and took his crestfallen face in my hands, "I'll be with you the whole time. We'll avenge her Alec. Even though it hurts us, we both know that now she is at peace with her husband. She loved him and she missed him. We need to remember that must be happy now and find strength to get with this." I said looking in his mesmerising eyes.

"I don't know what I'd do without you. I don't know what will happen to me when you leave me as well." He said as tears filled my eyes.

"Alec I'm not leaving you! I will never leave you. I vow it! I'm yours for eternity." I shouted at him.

He laughed humorlessly, "Promises are made to be broken. I vowed that I'd never let pain get to again and look, I was the one who delivered it to you. And everyone around me either dies or betray me. I'm bound to suffer for the deeds I did in the past. I know that I'm gonna lose you as well." He said with hopeless eyes.

Tears fell down from my eyes as I looked at his state. He was becoming hopeless and thinking that everyone around him will leave him alone. He's not trusting anyone.

"I don't make promises to break. I keep each and everyone of them and I'll keep this one as well. You're mine Alec and not even death cannot separate us!" I said sternly as I kissed his forehead.

He sighed as he enveloped me in his arms again to a bone crushing hug, "William will bring Olivia with him. She said that she wants to come even though we both tried to convince her to stay with Caroline. We need to go to the castle now." He said as we both pulled back.

We both went to the castle where John was waiting for us at the entrance. We  were both in the same clothes as yesterday as we didn't have any extra with us.

"Hey." John said as we went inside.

I gasped as my eyes fell on the casket that laid on the table before us. But what surprised me was that Martha looked perfect.

Her head was not... dethached from her rest of the body. She was whole without any stitch on her neck. She was dressed in her beautiful white wedding gown, her hands were kept on her stomach and her hair was tied in a perfect bun. She didn't look like she was... gone.

"How?" I asked as Alec went near her.

"I did as much as I could with my powers. That's why I told you to go home yesterday. I attached her head to her body with my powers and told the maids to make her as beautiful as she was on her wedding day. She is now at peace Elisa." He said as I began bawling my eyes out.