10. Jealous

Alec' P.O.V.

The smell of her exotic blood hit me like a punch in the gut.

Never in my life had I wanted to taste someone's blood as much as I want hers.

But I controlled it, I saw her expression and followed her gaze to all the vampires staring at her blood, some of them were licking lips while others elongated their fangs.

Fuck.

I need to do something, I-

I saw that she became more pale, now she looked like a ghost.But I saw the reason why she was scared to death.

A vampire. One I knew too well, infact my friend for centuries was making his way towards her.

I growled as a protective instinct rose within me. Mine.

How dare he's going to touch what's mine.

I threw him up in the air as he was only two steps away from her and glanced back to look at my mate.

I didn't pay any attention to the noise of marble cracking.

Oh no! Her hand was still under that chandelier. She pushed me out of the way and put herself in danger. If I hadn't used my vampie speed then she would have crushed under that chandelier like how her hand is crushed right now.

I moved towards her and picked the chandelier with one hand and threw it away. Still she didn't respond. Fear has froze her in the place.

I put my hands on her shoulders to pick her up and keep her safe behind me but my touch broke the sanity chords in her mind and

She screamed.

Every vampire in the room clutched their ears in pain but me.

Heck, how was she able to scream in such a high pitch voice? My ears were starting to ring but I need to calm her. She's in danger. That's what my mind and dead heart said.

I picked her up as she screamed even louder.

There's something really different about her.

First the push and now this unnatural scream. There's something she's keeping from me and I need to find that out. But first I need to make her feel safe.

"Elisa, listen to me....shhhh" I said in as much soft voice as possible.

The intensity of her voice decreased a little bit but she was still screaming and kept thrashing in my arms.

"Shhh....no one's going to hurt you." I said and at this point seeing her condition was making my dead heart crawl. No she is never supposed to feel scared. I would always keep her safe.

I cupped her cheek in my hand making sure my eyes were not red and made her look into my eyes.

I searched her onyx orbs and saw that girl I met two years ago. Scared, but this was worse. Her eyes were beginning to fill with hopelessness, as if she was going to die. NO! I would never let that happen.

After a few minutes her screams stopped and she just stared into my eyes as if searching for the monsters she saw in the rest of the vampire's eyes.

Yes, I was enchanted by her blood. I still craved it yet something inside me told me that if she saw even an ounce of what she saw in others eyes, she'll never trust me and that fear kept my hunger, my cravings at bay.

"There. No one's going to hurt you, I promise." I kept reassuring her and that seemed to work.  Thank God!

Her eyes filled with trust, she knew that I was not going to hurt her. As if that was all the signal she needed she threw her arms around me and buried her head deep in my chest.