21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.

Kate's POV

To say that I wasn't fuming would be the understatement of the century.

4 days.

It's been 4 days that my Elisa has disappeared.

4 fucking days since she called me for help and I couldn't do anything.

I was going to teleport where she was held captive but the fucking phone was cut off.

"Don't lose hope Kate, we'll find her." Caroline said.

I glanced at her and immediately my eyes softened and anger left me.

Gone was the fashion model of the school and was replaced by messy, puffy red eyes from crying Caroline.

She had not left home since I called her to ask if Elisa was with her.

She blamed herself for leaving Elisa out there all alone.

I was so angry at first that I wanted to slap her but I stopped myself from doing so. It's not entirely her fault that Elisa was kidnapped because one way or other that vampire would have found her even if I kept her locked in the house.

"Stop blaming yourself Caroline, you should go home now. Your parents must be very worried." I suggested.

Her parents were searching for Elisa too. Her father was in CBI and that also their Head, so he was doing everything in his power to find my sister.

But how do I tell him that no human on this earth can find Elisa because of the charms, vampires casts around themselves to stay hidden from the world.

"No, I will stay till they find Elisa. Why don't you use your vampire senses to find her?" Caroline asked.

Yup. She knew. When I told Elisa about myself, she came to me after a few days with Caroline and told me to show her my vampire self and that, we can trust her.

Care freaked out a little at first but then she came back to her mad senses and uttered a single word, 'cool'.

We were inseparable since then.

I knelt down in front of her and wiped off her tears, "Trust me, I will call you if I get hold of her, now go. You will go home now and get some rest." I said looking into her eyes, compelling her.

I didn't want to use my powers on her but her health will be affected if she just stayed here and cry out a river.

She just stood up and went out of her door without second glance.

I went to a dresser to remove my earings and opened a drawer. Just as I was about to keep my earrings in it, my gaze fell on an antique pocket watch, I knew he carried always carried it around in his coat's pocket. I took it out and I knew that it stopped working the minute he was dead but it was the only thing that was left behind that would signify that the person I loved with all my heart, actually existed.

Oh Jack! Why didn't you love me back the way I did?

Why did you kill my only family just to break me, just to watch me hurt. Why?

And here I am, still loving you, still wanting you when you killed my father with your bare hands.

Tears fell from my eyes as I clutched his watch to near my heart as if I was clutching him to my heart. I'm so sorry for what I did with you and no amount of explanations can justify how much I regret betraying you.

I love you Jack. With all my heart even if you killed my father, I can't stop loving you because my fucking heart only longs for you.