77. Taste

We reached 1M reads. Omg thank you so much!!! I love all of you.❤

Elisa's P.O.V

"Really? It's hard to believe that." Alec said as we came into our room. I told him about what Adam shared with me about his mate.

"I know. He's so hurt now, I could see it in his eyes. He's in love and now it must be hurting like hell to be betrayed by your own mate." I said feeling sad about Adam.

"There must be a reason as to why she did this." Alec said as I hopped down on the bed.

"Well I hope he comes around it. I'm just super relieved that he's alive." I said as her sat down beside me.

"So where are the others? I haven't heard from Care or John and not even from Kate and Jack." I said, suspicion filling in me.

I looked in his eyes to see that he won't meet my gaze, "Alec? What are you not telling me? All of them are okay, right?" I asked him, fear taking place in my heart.

"Uh... let's get you catch up to what happened when you were in coma." Alec said finally meeting my gaze.

He told me how Care, John and he kept me alive. His fists clenched when he told me how badly I was injured and how scared he was when I stopped breathing in his arms altogether, "I never want to feel anything like that ever again for whole eternity. It was like my heart was slowly freezing and stabbing with small icicles at the same time." He said.

I unclenched his fisted hand and intervened my fingers through his, "I'm not going anywhere Alec." I said.

He told me how Care and John went to the castle and rescued Kate and Jack, "We need to go right now." I said and jumped out of the bed.

I ran to the stairs but Alec caught my arm, "Elisa, not now. It's very late and I already asked Caroline how they're doing. They're absolutely fine. Kate drank blood and is doing well. We'll go tomorrow." He said.

That Gil-fucking-fred! I will do the same thing to him as he did to Adam and Kate, "Then let's go to the castle, I want revenge! He's been on loose too long and I want him burning in hell. He's mine to kill." I said as angry tears fell out of my eyes.

"Not now littleone, you can have as much revenge as you want, torture him, do anything but you can't kill him because He's my prey, I will be the one to kill him and deliver him to the pits of hell." He said, his eyes burning with hatred.

I agreed half-heartedly as Alec dragged me back to the room.

As I entered, my finger accidentally brushed the frame of door where a screw was sticking out. It sliced open my finger and I hissed in pain.

Blood pooled around my finger and began dripping down, "It's nothing." I said as Alec took my hand in his gently.

His posture suddenly stiffened and he stopped breathing altogether as he dropped my hand from his. His eyes began flipping from stormy grey to mercury.

Was it my blood?

"Alec?"

"Elisa you should bandage it. I just need a minute." His voice sounded different.

Is he thirsty? Thirsty for my blood?

It didn't even hurt anymore and the blood had stopped flowing, "Alec look at me." I said.

He briefly closed his eyes and then opened them again to look at me, "I'm fine. It's just that your blood calls to me." He said wile swallowing hardly.

Then a question popped in my mind, "Alec why won't you blood bound me to you?" I asked.

"I want to. I so want to but I want to give you a chance of leaving me. I'm a monster Elisa, you don't know the dretched things I've done in my past. You can still leave me--"