55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.

Instagram: The_novel_lover

Elisa's P.O.V

"Kate?"

"Elisa." She said with glossy eyes and for a moment the destruction stopped its pace and everything around me sounded calm after the war.

I went running into the embrace of outstretched arms.

"What the hell?" Kate shouted behind me but the arms refused to embrace me back.

"Elisa. Who did this to you and why are you embracing Jack?" Kate screeched again.

"Jack you came. I've waiting for you. I thought you gave up on me that day." I cried in Jack's chest.

He is the only one left.

The one I'd always trust with all my being even after all the breakage and wounds I've been through.

He's the only one I trust and was waiting to rescue me.

And of course Kate.

"Somebody f*cking answer me!" Kate yelled again and I pulled out when Jack refused to hug me back.

Is it too late?

"Jack...." I trailed off when I saw his eyes red with fury.

But his anger was not directed at me but something behind me.

I glanced back and had my question answered.

Alec.

Jack was glaring not daggers but swords at Alec.

"You son of a motherf***ng b**ch!" Jack yelled and the wind howled in the room as if the storm itself being casted inside the castle.

And that storm was directed at Alec.

The wind buzzed past me pushing hair my hair on my wounds making me flinch in pain.

The wind slammed against Alec with such a great force that it forced him to be plastered on the wall with his arms at his side and sticking on the wall like a darting board.

He tried to pull himself free but Jack's powers were way too strong with fury fueling it even more.

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER YOU LOCHNESS BLOODSUCKING MONSTER!" Kate yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Kate take Elisa away. I need to deal with him." Jack hissed at Kate and she came towards me without questioning him.

"No Kate! You can't take her. She's mine." Alec yelled and I stopped dead in my tracks.

I turned on my heels and whipped past Kate towards him.

"I will never ever in my life belong to a monster!" I yelled at his face.

"Listen to me Elisa. We can start all over again. You can teach me what love is and then I can learn how to love you. Please don't leave me like this. You're my mate." He said to me and my broken heart tugged at the voice of being called 'mate'.

"You stripped away my dignity, my self-worth, until there was nothing left of my personality but a liveless soul and a shattered heart. You ....... you used me. You slept with me to say thank you for saving your life. You killed me for trying to save your life and you're saying that you will learn to fall in love with me? How can you....."

I was so tired by now. I couldn't bottle it up inside me anymore. I thought that I cried but no.... that was just a glimpse of the blood my broken heart was weeping from in the form of tears.

And this time I couldn't stay strong. I couldn't pretend to act like I'm powerful emotionally when all the while my heart and soul were weeping from all that I've been through.