40. Heart beat.

Alec's P.O.V

The pain was way too much than I've ever experienced in my 6 centuries. I could literally feel my heart destroying each and every cell, could feel as each cell bursted and hurt like a bitch.

I wanted to scream till my vocal cords have no cords left to scream but I couldn't because that fucking silver was immobilized my every move, every breath.

How in hell could I be so careless?

Elisa.

That voice echoed in my mind even though I was in so much pain that I couldn't even feel my surroundings.

Yet that girl remained in the forefront of my mind. She needs to be safe. My mind kept on whispering as I felt jolts of my heart shredding to pieces.

Suddenly I felt something ripping out of chest and if possible bringing forth more burning pain.

Enough!

I can't take it anymore.

I just want to die and be free for once in my life even though I was.

"Promise me with my life that you'll always stay protected and think before you give up on your life that if something happens to you then I'll die too because of your vow to me."

No!

No! I can't give up. I promised my littleone  that I won't give up.

I won't die. I will fight whatever pain because the pain of something happening to her is much more than the pain I'm enduring right now.

I will fight.

Suddenly I felt the warmth glowing in my chest and my pain disappearing ever so slowly and with each wave of warmth, I felt my cells of heart, healing themselves. I felt the gaping hole in my heart closing itself and forming the new smooth, steel skin.

There was not an ounce of pain and I could feel my energy restoring in my body making me powerful again. Yet I felt a little less power due to loss of blood.

Elisa! I did not break my promise. I could already feel my eyes fluttering.

I couldn't wait to take my mate in my arms and keep her in them forever.

I could also smell the sweet smell of blood that was making me thirsty because of the loss of blood.

And that smell was unmistakably hers.

Who in the fucking hell tried to hurt her?

My eyes opened wide and I immediately jumped out of the bed.

My eyes couldn't fanthom what I was looking at.

"ELISA!" I roared.

I caught her by waist and slid on the ground along with her as her eyes reflected the pain yet some kind of happiness in them.

There was a gaping hole in her chest exactly were my wound was supposed to be.

Oh no! Littleone. Why did you do this?

A hand was clutched to her lips and I looked up to see Adam feeding her blood and almost looking ready to cry.

He took his wrist back.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU STOP?" I roared at him.

"Do you want me to turn her into a vampire? I gave her enough to close the hole and stop the blood flow, internally, she has to heal herself." He said as a drop of tear fell from his eyes.

I shook her gently, all thoughts about blood and thirst fleeing away.

My heart felt as if it was beating with fear.