16. Blood red rose

Elisa's P.O.V.

Oh God! Why does his words hurt so much. Why is he so full of hatred?

I turned my gaze towards Adam, who was looking at me with a sad expression.

"Come, I'll show you the books." He said with a smile.

But it felt wrong. Why did it feel wrong to go with Adam, when he was the one who always hurts me with his harsh words.

My treacherous heart was saying that I should go after him because all he wanted to do was show me around the castle.

Something was telling me that I shouldn't have asked about romantic novels, afterall he hates love so there was no reason that he would keep romantic books.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry Adam, but I have to go. Would you show me afterwards?" I asked him.

He smiled at me and said,"Sure. Just voice me and I will be at your service, your highness." He bowed dramatically.

I laughed," See you around, M'lord." I said and went out of the glorious library.

I felt really bad for accusing Adam, but I can't say anything about it, afterall not only the culprit tried to kill me but Alec too.

But why would someone want to kill me?

I have nothing. No money, no looks, nothing. Then why?

I need to find out who's after me and why, but how?

I need to formulate a plan.

The first part of it was to know every person resided in this castle.

I saw Alec walking angrily. I smiled.

Time to put my plan in action.

I ran towards him and clutched his arms with both my hands.

He stopped and turn around to glare at me and then at my hands.

But I ignored it, "You were supposed to show me around." I said looking into his eyes.

"Why? Had a fight with your trustworthy Adam?" He actually hissed.

I don't understand why he was so jealous of Adam, he hates me then why does it affect him whom I talk to? It's really confusing. I think he's bipolar. Yup, that's the only explanation available to me.

"How many times do I need to tell you that I don't trust anyone and I did not fight with Adam, it's just that I want to see the castle." I said.

"Why don't you ask Adam to do it?" He asked me. But how do I tell him that I want him to show me around and not Adam.

"Umm...because you offered me first?" I kind of said that like a question. I hoped I did not flinch this time.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes as if he was tired.

"Fine. Come on." He said and I trolled behind him.

It was really hard to keep walking with his pace. I was practically running and tripping every few steps but he continued on as if he did not care at all. Of course he did not care, Remember Elisa he hates you! Why would he care if you trip or die. My inner voice said to me

"Would you please slow down?" I said panting.

"Learn to walk fast. I'm not gonna slow down my pace for a measly human." He said. He was still angry. No scratch that, he's always angry.

WHY?! why is he like this. Oh God! What did I ever do that you're punishing me this way.

I can't run any more and trip again and again. I quit, I will ask Adam only to show around.