73. Falling in love.

Love ya guys. Thanks for keeping up with me!

Oh look! It's your fav person's POV again.

Alec's P.O.V

Have you ever felt as if your heart is broken into million pieces? The feeling where you want to do nothing but kill yourself in the most painful way possible? The urge to rip your own heart out?

I was feeling the same thing as I listened to my littleone's voice mail, "Goodbye Alec one last time, goodbye. I love you."

Each and every word was like silver knives  stabbing in my heart. I couldn't stop myself from playing it over and over again.

Why? Why did I not pick her call up? Why did I not think that those vampires attacking me were all under the influnce of that bastard!

If only once I had picked her call. If only...

The phone was ripped out of my hand before I could press the button to play it again. I just need to hear her voice. It is my lifeline right now.

"Stop it!" Caroline shouted.

"Give my phone back to me!" I looked up at her with hard eyes.

She didn't back away, "Enough Alec! You've been listening to that tape for over two days. I know how you must be feeling but I think right now you should be beside Elisa. Stop acting like a weak man in love who can't function because of a grave mistake he did!" She yelled at me.

I stood up and banged my hands on the table, "All I've been doing is mistakes Caroline! I trusted the wrong man who I thought was my father! I refused to trust the girl I love, she loved me and what did I do? I whipped her with my own hands. It's always her who's paying for my mistakes! Because of my blind trust I lost my best friend who had been there for me all along. Tell me how do I survive with this?" I shouted as tears fell out of my eyes.

Adam was dead because of me.

Elisa nearly died because of me!

Everything wrong happen to the people I love because of my f**king existence.

"Alec you need to calm down. Elisa is going to be alright. And it was not your fault that Adam died, it was because of that son of a b**ch. I know what it feels like to betrayed by the ones you thought who loved you. Please just calm down." She said running a hand down my arm

"Stop using your powers to calm me." I said.

"How did you know I was... ah nevermind." She said sitting down beside me.

"It's been 6 days Alec. Why is she still not waking up?" She asked me and I sighed settling down once again.

"I don't know. But she will wake up, afterall she almost d... she was almost gone but we still retrieved her it's gonna take some time." I said. We stopped her blood transfusion after 2nd day when we thought that she had enough.

"Anything from Kate and Jack?" I asked her.

"Nothing, Absolutely nothing. It's like they don't even exist... Oh my God--"

"No Caroline, Jack knows how to take care of himself and I'm damn sure Kate is alright with him." I said with determination. I knew Jack wouldn't let anything happen to Kate.

"Hey Caroline, would you do me a favour?" I asked anger blooming in my chest.

"What is it?" She asked turning to look at me.

"Pinpoint me Gilfred's location right now." I said and she frowned.

"Why would you--"

"I think it might be related. Kate and Jack missing with Gilfred not calling me once in these 6 days." I said as it became more suspicious with each passing second.