9. Hidden powers

Elisa's P.O.V

Oh God! How thick is his skull?I was so frustrated. How-

Suddenly my gaze went up to the chandelier and my heart skipped a beat when I saw that the screws holding it on were loosening on it's own accord. How's that possible? It's as if some invisible person is unscrewing it from the ceiling.

It's going to fall.

And we were standing directly below it.

Shit.

If I tell Alec, it will take time to make him understand what's happening and we'll both be dead by the time he thinks through it.

Only one Option left.

Use my powers.

But if used I my powers to hold the  chandelier midway till we're out of it's way then everyone in this room will come to know that I have special powers.

Powers even I don't  even understand myself.

Think Elisa, fast. Only one screw left.

Gotcha.

I called on to my powers. I felt the tingling sensation in my palms as they began to ball up.

I used them and pushed Alec out of the way and at the same time the screw gave up and chandelier began it's way down.

Except now instead of two only one person was going to die.

And that person was me.

Alec was down on his butt looking all confused. Any other time I would have laughed my ass off at his expression but right now my eyes were glued to the ceiling.

Fear freezed my body in place. No, no. I -

Suddenly I felt a hand circle my ankle and pull me forward.

I landed face down away from the chandelier. My left hand was sprawled on the floor to absorb the impact of the fall while my right hand was beneath my body.

But it was as if the chandelier had a mind of it's own. It began tilting and made it's way towards me. As if someone shoved it in my direction.

I rolled away at the last second before the chandelier could crush me to death but unfortunately I could not say the same about my left hand.

It landed on my wrist as the glass broke in tiny pieces.

I closed my eyes as the pain shoot from my wrist and made it's way to my brain.
For a moment black dots covered my vision.

I yelped as I could not take the pain anymore and felt the tears streaming down my cheeks.

The hall had eerily gone silent and I felt something warm trickle down my hand.

I opened my eyes but my vision was blurred due to my tears. I blinked my eyes and my line of vision came into focus.

But what I saw made me wish that blur would cover my eyes again.

Never in my darkest nightmare have I seen a scene like this.

Though the chandelier's crash causedthe room to grow dim, there was a different sort of light illuminating the room.

There were red orbs that seemed to track my every tiny movement. The orbs moved along with something shiny white.

Except that the orbs were not orbs, they were red glowing eyes of vampires and that also blood thirsty vampires.

Though their eyes were following my every tiny movement, some of them had their gazes fixed on something else beside me.

Shakingly, I followed their gaze and saw that  they were staring at my injured hand.

Pieces of glass surrounded my whole body but the worst case was my hand.

It was banged under the chandelier, bits of glass were embedded in my skin which caused the blood to ooze out and-

Blood. I glanced back at them and saw that their eyes followed every drop of my blood that oozed out of my wounds and pooled on the floor.

My God! They wanted my blood! They wanted to suck me dry.

Panic began flooding throughout my body. My breaths came in short pants and it felt like my heart would rip out of my chest.

A tall vampire in front of me began making it's way towards me.

If possible his fangs lengthened and an evil smirk formed on his face.

I can't run or hide anywhere because my hand was struck under that fucking chandelier. Even if I could run away or hide, my heart would give away, because at the rate it was beating, I was sure even a normal human could hear it in a distance.

He was only two steps away from me. Oh-

Suddenly he was thrown in air and landed so hard at end of hall that the marble cracked under it's impact.

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and that was my breaking point.

I screamed. Every vampire in the room clutched his/her ears as if the frequency of my scream could tear their eardrums.

Yet, I continued screaming. I was so scared. Kate where are you? I need you so much!

The chandelier flew off me and the throbbing pain in my wrist increased and more tears gushed out of my eyes.

Suddenly I was on feet, someone had probably picked me up.

"Shhhh.....no one's going to hurt you.." A calm voice said. I know that voice.

A big hand cupped my cheek and tilted my head up causing my eyes to land on stormy grey ones. Alec!

But he did not have the red eyes as others and there were no fangs protruding out of his mouth....How?

He looked unfazed by my blood.

"There. No one's going to hurt you, I promise." He said

Something in my heart told me to trust him. I never trusted people easily, heck I still don't fully trust Kate- shame on me-  yet my conscience told me to trust him.

And so I did.

Swiftly I went into his arms, clutched his tux in my both hands, yet my left hand screamed in protest as the glass bits cut more deeply. I didn't care about the pain.

After going through so much from what my brother threw at me, it was easy to say that I'm used to the pain by now.

I  buried my head deep in his chest. He seemes hesitant at first but wrapped his arms around me. Tightening them.

Safe.

That was the first thought that entered my mind.

Everything was so cold before but now, being in his arms made me feel toasty warm. His scent filled my senses calming me further. It was a cologne not too mild yet not too strong. Just perfect.

I could stay in his arms for eternity. And-

Wait a minute why am I feeling like this? Why was feeling like my heart is being filled with something warm? As if it was just beating before but now it was singing.

Oh God! I thought only hormones were trecherous but my heart is the biggest traitor of all.

But whatever I think or say, right now he was my only salvation.
******

Alright lovely readers,
I know it's a short chapter but what can I do? Tomorrow's my exam and right now I don't have the time to write more.
I was gonna include Alec's POV in this chapter, but as I said I don't have time  right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll update.

Just tell me one thing, whose POV do you like more Alec's or Elisa's?

Please share you thoughts, vote and comment

And those who have commented on this story and voted for it Thank you so much.

Those who asked for update I'm sorry for short chapter😯.

Till then, hugs and see ya.
***