44. Soul.

Welcome to the next part  of our Running scared episode. Enjoy. And as promised I fulfilled my promise.

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers who were patient enough to wait for me a whole moth. Love you so much guys.

Elisa's P.O.V

"The thing I don't understand is why those wolves knelt around me and carried my every order as if I was their queen." I said as I explained to him how the wolves  carried him from woods to the castle.

We were currently in his office room with me on his lap.

"You said your ring shone brightly?" He asked and I nodded my head.

I took his right hand in mine and examined his ring.

Wait a minute.

How come I never noticed that his ring was not a ruby like Kate but had obsidian stone.

"Alec how come you roam around in sunlight?" I asked him to which frowned.

"I thought you knew the reason." He said.

"Yeah, I do. I know that you need to wear a ring which has pure ruby gemstone so that it does not burn you down to ashes. How is it that you're walking freely in sunlight without that ring?" I asked him while playing with his hair and entwining our fingers.

"It does not work like that way, Elisa." He said and I blinked at him in confusion.

"Alright listen, we don't have a common stone to protect us from sunlight. Every Vampires has a different gemstone to protect him/her from sunlight. It is the stone that chooses us and not the other way round. Generally the stone is chosen based on your soul. I have a black soul and heart that's why I have obsidian stone to protect me. Kate always sought for love and her soul is full of  love. That's why she has ruby. The stone basically reflects your soul." He explained.

(A/N: Alec's ring

(A/N: Alec's ring.)

"You don't have a black soul and heart Alec." I said laying my head on his chest.

His arms tightened around me, "What does acqamarime stone mean?" I asked him.

"Full of love, innocence and life." He said, placing his chin my head and kissing my hairline.

"But this ring is not mine, then why did it react in such a way?" I was full of questions.

"I don't know. Guess, my mother likes you." He said sighing.

I removed my head from his chest and stared in his eyes.

"You miss her too much, don't you?" I asked him and his eyes turned sad.

"There's something I want to show you." He said standing and placing me on the ground.

There was a knock on the door and Alec opened the door to reveal Olivia standing in her pink dress and pink sparkling shoes.