59. Toddler

Instagram: The_novel_lover

Elisa's P.O.V

Few months later

And finally the time came for me to go back to school again.

Honestly I feel so so excited. I wanna study again. I wanna walk down through the corridors and eat lunch in the canteen with Care and pass notes to her during the class when the lecture becomes too boring. I want to do everything.

And I'm gonna do it.

In all the vacation I practised to walk in the killer heels that Care bought without tripping and landing face down or my butt kissing the floor.

Seriously. It was so hard at first. I felt like I was a toddler learning to walk again which was definitely embarrassing.

First I started walking without shoes on flat surface and then with flat shoes on rough roads and then the time came when I had the death glare match with heels-my biggest enemy- and I finally won with broken toes, scratched knees and cuts on my palms.

I really thought that I would never be able to walk in those my personel hell of monsters, but I did.

I can finally walk in heels without tripping.

I feel like I deserve an award.

But I went through all of this to change me and of course so that people would not tend to notice me with the shy Elisa that used to sit on the last bench and covered herself up as much as possible.

I was scared that people would notice me being gone but now our juniors are now seniors and all the fresh batch that wouldn't know two girls who disappeared at the beginning of the School last year and rejoined a year later.

It's not that hard for me because people barely noticed my nerdy self but same could not be said about Caroline.

She was, no scratch that, is the Fashion Diva of the school who changed her boyfriends every two days and the whole School was aware about her beauty.

Kate said that she and Jack will compel everyone and we'll start as new but still there's always one in the lot who can recognise us.

I pray it won't happen.

I took out my outfit for school today. Yeah, still got the new habit of getting up early in the morning.

I showered and got ready, letting my hair down and drew a thin line of eyeliner and carried my book bag along with my purse downstairs to wait for Caroline.

"Hey sweetie! Today's your first day of school, are you excited?" I asked Olivia.

"Ella what if they don't like me?" She asked her eyes turning glossy.

I knelt down in front of her, "Don't think that way sweetie, don't worry, everything will be fine, just have confidence in yourself and be kind. And friends are not just made by shaking hands, they come in our lives by fate and then they turn our world upside down into a more perfect form. Best of luck sweetie." I said kissing her forehead.

She grinned at me and hugged me tightly, "You're the best Ella. And you look so beautiful, I wish I was beautiful like you." She said pulling back.

I'm not beautiful. I'm tainted by my past. The one which has become more darker now because I made the mistake of loving him.

"You are the most beautifully tainted girl I've ever seen."

His words rang out in my mind like a siren. I hate myself for loving him. Everything I do reminds me of him in some or the other way and then my heart mourns for him.