28. Should I trust him?

Elisa's POV

"Fuck it." Alec said throwing the book.

I glanced at him from the mirror and stopped brushing my hair.

He looked ready to puke.

I sighed and stood up, "Now what?" I asked as I went to the wall and picked up the book I dared him to read.

"I've never read such a worst, pathetic, puke worthy novel in my entire existence. How can a vampire be this head over heels in love with someone just because he can't read her fucking mind?" He sneered.

I rolled my eyes, "Hey, don't say anything about it, I love this book." I argued and wiped the non-existent dust on the cover.

He looked at me like I have sprouted another head and then shook his head, "This conversation is useless, I'm going to the library to read a bloody murder novel." He said and strided towards the door.

"Wait... I'm  coming with you." I said. Truth to be told, I was scared of staying alone in the room all by myself. What if the attacker attacked me upon seeing that I'm alone in the room with no one to save me?

Alec raised a brow at me and I shrugged, "I want to continue reading my novel too." I said as I went ahead of him and opened the door.

It was a partial truth and I hoped I did not flinch.

His hand circled my wrist stopping me from going out of the door and turned me to face him.

I looked anywhere but in his eyes.

"You know that I won't let anything happen to you, right?" He said causing me to glance in his eyes.

His eyes held the determination of his promise and I smiled and nodded my head

He intertwined my fingers with his and we went to the library together.

I got my book as Alec selected one from the shelf.

"Let's go and sit in the garden." I suggested and he nodded his head.

Before going out I checked on Olivia to see that she was playing with Adam and I smiled and left them.

Since the incident with Olivia, Alec checked all the food items and then only allowed us to eat them. Master Gilfred had appointed more guards near Olivia and Adam never left her side.

I checked on her every few hours just to assure my heart that she's fine and healthy.

We went in the garden and I found a perfect spot to read my book.

"Let's sit under that tree." I said to Alec.

We went under that tree and I  plopped down as Alec sat beside me.

There was a beautiful kind of silence between us. No one was uttering anything but engrossed in our own imaginary world of novels. Oh! What a beautiful bliss.

After a while my neck began to hurt from not moving it and my body for so long, I unknowingly laid my head on Alec's shoulder and continued reading.

I felt his body stiffen but did not heed any attention because the hero in the novel proposed heroine by just saying, 'I'm keeping you with me.' I mean, is that a way of proposing your love of life?

(A/n: That's true, read the novel The secret by Julie Garwood. It's wonderful and yes the hero proposed her that way in the book. Enjoy.)

Why was this ground feeling so hard. I squirmed and tried to adjust myself in a comfortable position but the ground was feeling way too hard.