3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.

***** Hello friends, I decided to update sooner cuz my exams are near. I hope you are enjoying the book.

Thank you for reading. kisssssses.

P.S. I've decided to add Alec's P.O.V. Hope you'll enjoy and try not to hate him too much

******

Alec's p.o.v

The human collapsed in my arms. Guess I frightened her way too much?

I lifted her up with one arm under her knees and my other arm around her small back, her head rested on my left shoulder.

I started wondering why I saved this human girl when the truth was there were only a handful of humans who met me and remained alive. She was a pretty thing that was for sure.

My thoughts started to wander again. I have been the King of Vampires for 400 years -give or take a decade- and alive even more than that and yet I had not found my mate.

A mate/beloved/bride, call whatever you want to, is someone who completes the other half of the vampire, the  one that would fuel up my powers, take away the feeling of emptiness and make my dead heart fill with love.

I hoped that my mate was a powerful vampire and not some puny newly turned one that would give little amount of power, that is not acceptable at all. She would rule beside me forever, As The Queen of Vampires.

I wanted nothing more than the powers from my mate. 

Maybe after some centuries, that sick emotion what humans called love, I would feel that for my mate. Maybe.

I hate love, I didn't admire it nor did I  want it. Its just the curiosity I had, I wanted to feel what was so much in that emotion that the frail humans would die for. That they would give up their life in the process of protecting their loved ones.

Even if I ever fell in -gag- love, I would never give up my life for her, I mean I don't understand how could someone be so stupid to throw their life away for love. The humans always begged me to spare the lives of their loved ones but I did not even once feel remorse for them, I ended up taking life of everybody in the process. In the end, I think that by falling in love, you fall in your own grave. 

As for the human in my arms, my instincts   told not to kill her and save her and I was a man to follow my instincts, so I decided to take her to one person who would take proper care of her.

I looked down at her sleeping form. She was so fragile that even the slightest amount of pressure from my fingers could  break her. She was undernourished with long auburn brown straight hair but strangely curling towards the end. I had never seen this type of hair in my entire existence and that was a long one. Believe me.

She was way too skinny with protruding collar bones and sharp cheekbones. One thing I hoped was that my mate would be a little curvy and have exactly the same hair as this - 

Wait a minute, why am I comparing my mate with this insignificant human? Humans were nothing but a nuisance on the earth. I saw them nothing more but warm blood bags except for one which was in my castle right now.

I reached my destination. Before knocking, the door opened to reveal a girl in her early 20's with honey brown eyes and Strawberry blonde hair.

She looked surprised to see me, "So you actually remembered that I existed Alec."

Only she would dare to call me Alec and not the King. "Well nice to see you too Kate."

She rolled her eyes at me and let me in. I  still don't understand why she would need a big mansion all for herself. I mean, my castle was bigger than hers but I did not live by myself, I had servants and maids, my whole army etcetera.