65. Turning soft.

Elisa's P.O.V

I woke to feel soft touch on my cheek.

Sunlight filtered through the windows, falling directly on my eyes. I squinted and glanced around the room.

What was that soft touch on my cheek?

But there was nothing suspicious in my room. The curtains were blowing as soft breeze flowed in the room.

Why was my heart so calm?

For what felt like eternity, my sleep was actually completed without the interruption of  my nightmares.

But why today?

I shook my thoughts out of my mind and got ready for school.

It took more time than usual because of my injury. How am I gonna take my notes?

Before I left my room, I looked back to find anything that would tell something was different today than all days.

Like.... there was someone in my room.

Oh God! I'm being paranoid.

I quickly finished an apple and left home only to remember that no one was present here to drop me at school.

Neither Caroline nor Kate.

F*ck.

I called Caroline, "Hey Elisa, where are you? I'm already at school searching for you." She said.

"But... but I need you. There is no one here to pick me up." I said frantically.

"What! You said yourself that Kate would drop you today." She exclaimed.

"I know I did. But she's out on a vacation. I was way too tired to call you yesterday and totally forgot about it today." I explained to her.

I hate missing my classes.

"Do you want me to come back?" She asked me.

"No no! You stay there. I'll find a way--"

I screamed out loud as a bike stopped not even an inch from my feet.

"Are you out of your f*cking mind?" I yelled at Alec who was smiling gently at me.

Golden rays of sun glinted on his hair making them look more coppery and angled his face even more.

Damn his handsomeness.

"I know you need a ride. And here I am." He said smoothly.

"And who said I'm gonna accept your offer?" I said carefully crossing my arms.

"If you don't want to miss your classes then you would. And from what I gathered by looking at you through the lectures, you'd be restless to even miss one of them." He said and I exhaled angrily because he was damn right.

Maybe I should learn to drive.

Only if I could get past my fear of driving because of what happened to my...eh, earth parents.

And I could never get past it. Whenever I sat behind the wheel, that night would flash in front of my eyes and I'd have panic attacks.

"Elisa as much as I'd like you to stare at me, we're already late and I know you would not... much like my speed riding." He said and I came back to present.

I need to accept his offer or go by foot to school and miss my class.

"No rash driving... please?" I pleaded him.

It was the reason my parents lost their life.

"I won't okay. But you need to hop on now if you want us to reach in time." He said and I nooded my head.