34. Candles

I want to dedicate this chap to YukineRyomi and mellita_dsouza   for being so supportive and positive comments. Thank you so much yukineRyomi and mellita for liking my book. I hope you like this chap as well. Enjoy.
*****

Caroline's POV

Few hours back.

"Have you seen this girl anywhere?" I asked a man in early 70's.

His olive face was full of wrinkles with silver dirty hair and his body was as thin as a skeleton that was draped with baggy clothes.

He had creepy blue eyes that looked too big for his face.

All in all, this man shooted creeps down my spine.

He snatched my hand that was held a photo of Elisa and grinned a toothless grin.

"Let go of me." I said as I tried to pry my hand off his death like grip. For a skinny, old man, he had a hold of an arm wrestler.

"So you are finally here. I've been waiting for you so long." He said in a hoarse voice.

"What the hell? Let go now." I said. I was getting angry and confused now. What was he talking about?

"Don't tell your mom about it. She won't believe you. I live there." He said pointing his shaking finger towards a century old Victorian house.

"Leave my hand now Sir, I really don't wanna hurt you." I said in a stern voice.

"No, listen to me child. Come straight here after--"

"Can't you hear what she is telling you, Sir? Let go of her hand this instant." A hard voice said behind me.

The old man immediately snatched his hand back and scurried off to his house with his walking stick.

I rubbed my hand, which was strangely hurting way too much.

What was with him?

"Thank you very--"

I turned around to come face to face with the most beautiful turquoise blue eyes I've ever seen. They were so beautiful that I was already lost in them. His eyes were not only turquoise but they also held a different kind of shine and aura that spoke of goodness.

"No need to thank me dear." He said coming closer to me and taking in deep breaths.

I snapped out of his gaze and checked out his other features.

He had glazed hazelnut curly hair that reached till his ears and looked like he just woke up from his deep sleep.

He had full lips with straight angular nose and his forehead was covered with strands of hair blown by the wind that I so wanted to swipe back.

He was taller than my 5"3 pathetic height because I only reached till his shoulders. So he must be around 5"9 to 6"0.

He had a muscular body that outlined his shape from his white button down shirt with lean, long legs covered by dark jeans.

All in all, he was impossibly beautiful to be a human.

He was a vampire.

Too bad he can't get me.

"I finally found you." He said and smiled from ear to ear.

"Listen Mister, thank you very much for... I don't know... scurrying that man off." I said and pushed past him towards my home.