Epilogue I: Gold Rose

Alec's POV.

I forced the blood down her mouth as her heart thudded for the last before becoming numb. My own heart lost its beat as I saw her so deathly pale in my arms. I never wanted to see this day.

I never wanted to turn her.

But she finally convinced me. It's good to lose an argument with her than to actually lose her.

The reason I did not want her to become a vampire was that, a being as pure as her only deserved paradise and not the eternal curse I was living. I wanted her to live her life like she was, without giving up her soul for someone like me.

I love her and I don't want her in any pain. And now my heart will shatter because of her screams. She will be in so much pain because of the transforming process and I won't be able to do anything.

Birth always hurts and rebirth hurts more than hell. I vowed to her that I wouldn't cause her pain and now I was the one putting her through it.

I picked her up in my arms and went inside the house. Our house.

At least now I will have her all for myself.

I went to our room and placed her on the bed. I removed my jacket and shirt and went to lay down beside her.

She appeared very calm and peaceful and that scared me to no end. Why wasn't she writhing? I did everything alright,...didn't I?

She will take 2 days to wake and be transformed fully into a vampire.

I closed all the curtains in room so that the sun wouldn't irritate her skin and then I took her in my arms, tucked her head under my chin, near my heart and drifted off to sleep.

I will try to take as much pain from you as possible.

I laced my fingers through her to take her internal pain away but I couldn't. What the hell is happening? How is she not feeling anything?

Her skin was not cold like a corpse yet she slept like one.

She is different than others.

But she said that she was a human now. Fuck! Did I do something wrong?

I stroked her hair and kissed her forehead while I tried to think of what to do.

I can't do anything till she wakes up.

At least she's not in pain.
****
She stirred under me and I gasped.

What the hell?

"Elisa?" I whispered and looked down at her.

She opened her beautiful black jewels and glanced around in confusion.

But I was more confused than her.

"Alec?" She said in her sweet voice and my breath lodged in my throat.

She was awake!

I stroked her hair and kissed on her forehead. She untangled herself from my arms and sat up.

Elisa's P.O.V.

Everything is so refined.

I looked at the curtains and could literally see each piece of thread woven into the pattern that held the cloth together.

I could hear the ticking of clock as if someone was ringing the bell.

I glanced down at my hands and could see each defined lines on my palms. Heck I could even see my finger prints.