25. Compulsion

Elisa's POV

I kept playing with my locket as I thought about my life and how it was turning from a roller coaster ride to the boring one.

After the incident with wolves, no one has attempted to kill me or attack me again, yet Alec was the strict one and refused to let me roam outside the castle.

It was so boring to sit in your room doing nothing. And it was only two days after Christmas.

I sighed and hopped down from my bed. Alec makes me stay in his room but during daytime I stayed in my room because I liked the light colors it had.

During night rime I slept on top of him even though I shouldn't. I can't help it, if I tried to sleep on the bed I was awoken by the nightmares. Only Alec was able to keep them at bay and I loved my beauty sleep.

Oh God! How I wished I could go to my school and attend all lecs and make my wish of becoming a doctor come true.

I came out of my room and made my way towards a place that will drive away my boredom.

I opened the library doors to find Adam leaning on a chair with his feet up on the table.

"Fancy seeing you Elisa." He said as I made my way towards him.

He was reading the novel I gifted him, "Give me something to read as well." I said to him.

He stood up, went across the length of library and came back to the table again, this time with a bunch of books in his hands.

"So this are all romantic novels by Julie Garwood, she's--"

"A historical romance writer." I completed his sentence.

I knew her and her books were literally the best historic books ever. I loved them, I loved the romance and how both Hero and Heroine fall in love with each other and have a happy ending.

"Oh well. You know her, so I guess you've  read every book written by her?" He asked.

"I have only read The bride and The Guardian Angel." I said.

"You didn't read The secret by her? " He asked with a shocked expression.

I frowned and shook my head.

"Oh my! Elisa it's the best ever book written by her. Just read it." He said, thrusting the book in my hand.

I thanked him and went to sit on the floor leaning my back aganist the bookshelves.

I had to say that after reading the description, I was intrigued and started reading it.
***

Alec's P.O.V

I signed the last papers of my work today and stood up from my position.

I glanced at time on her watch and was immediately lost in her thought. I can't believe that I actually used the word love, how could Alec Kincaid use that word was out of my scope, but I did. It was just that the last time, someone had given gift to me, it was my mother and it was roughly 600 years before.

Yeah, I've not received a single gift since 6 centuries.

I really liked her watch but more than that I liked it that she thought about me and bought a gift for her captor.

She was so different than rest of humans. According to me, whenever I encountered a human women, they were either after my money or my looks and don't ask why I met them in first place. A man has his own "needs" to be taken care of.

I used to lure them to me by wasting my money on them. I used to buy presents for them which worked like a magnet in capturing them in my hands.

But Elisa was strange, she doesn't care that I have wealth, she only cares about everyone but herself.