56. Nutella

Elisa's P.O.V

Olivia was sleeping in my arms when we arrived home.

Home.

How foreign it felt to my lips. I used to call the castle my home but it never was.

It was just a delusion to think that.... He'd ever fall in love with me.

Love is such a hopelessly beautiful pain.

I learned very well that love causes nothing but grief and pain and betrayal and most of all..... a broken heart. It is nothing but a false sense of joy we feel.

In the end love always betrays us and hurts us.

Enough Elisa. You'll try to forget that Alec ever came in your life just as he has forgotten about your existence. You need to start a new life. Start picking up the shattered pieces of your heart, stick them together and move on.

My inner voice commanded me.

Yes, I need to move on.

I need to start writing my new chapter of life.

Jack came forward and took sleeping Olivia in his arms as Kate opened the door.

As soon as I entered, I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug that took my breath away.

"Oh my God! You're really here." Care said with a quiver in her voice.

"Cate... can't.... breathe." I managed to force the words out of my throat and Care finally released her hold on me.

"You b*tch. You were supposed to come home and not get kidnapped in the way alone." Care shouted at me causing Olivia to stirr in Jack's arms.

I smacked Care's head for waking her up.

"Ella. Where are you?" Olivia shrieked, struggling in Jack's arms.

"Honey.... I'm right here." I said taking Olivia from his arms.

She snuggled in my chest and peeked at Care from her eyelashes like a scared snowy kitten.

"You... Birch. You have a daughter and you never told me. Ughh! I can't believe I cried for you while you..... oh my God! You lost your..." I cut her off as it brought a stabbing pain in my heart.

"Yes I lost it Care and there is no more regret greater than that. And Olivia is not my daughter. She's..... she's mine. Honestly Care, do you really think I'd have a daughter who is 7 years old and keep it from you?" I said to her.

"Welll....... umm.... Oh look she's so sweet. I want to take her in my arms. Give her to me. I want to spoil her with my love of nutella." Care said with a dreamy haze at the word 'nutella'.

"Care, why don't you just marry to a nutella jar?" I asked her.

Just as Care had said nutella, Olivia raised her head from my shoulder and gazed at Care with affection.

Seriously?

Another nutella fan?

"Hi Olivia. I'm Caroline but you can call me by my nick name Care. You see my best friends call me Care and you're gonna be my new best friend who loves nutella as much as I do. And Elisa, if I marry the jar of nutella then the spoon will have to become my bridesmaid." Care said and Olivia bursted out laughing.

"Okay okay enough. Caroline don't spoil her with your nutella. She has to eat healthy food too." Kate said.

"Blah blah blah! You need to live yourlife Kate. How can you drink it all the time?" Care said but did not mention blood.