46. When the time is right

Alec's P.O.V

"Okay now tell me Alec, who was it?" William asked me in serious tone.

"I don't know." I said swiping my hand through my hair, making it more messy.

"What the f*ck do you mean by that Alec? Someone tried to kill you and you're just saying 'You don't know.'? Alec you're the King and if anyone can just come and attack you, all vampires will want a new King and you know how bad it is. Plus more will come at you for revenge now that you have a mate which is unfortunately a very delicate, innocent, non-killer like. Someone's already after her and now they almost got you. I'm just saying be safe. And I would really kill you if something happened to her because believe it or not, I consider her as my best friend just I consider you. Tell me if you want anything okay?" He said and it was the longest speech I have ever heard from him in 5 centuries that I have known him.

"Don't worry Willam. I will take care of her and myself. I have already told Master Gilfred to increase the security and guards. I am not gonna leave her alone now. If I could catch just one clue then I'll catch that f*cking son of a b*tch." I said in frustration.

Her image of being lifeless in my arms still haunted me and freeze my already frozen heart.

"Why don't you tell me everything from the beginning?" William asked and I nodded my head.

"Come on. I will tell you everything while having a drink." I said and we both went to the bar area.

Elisa's P.O.V

That son of a b*tch.

"How are you Elisa? Is everything okay?" Gilfred asked me in that sweet innocent voice.

I can't believe that behind this sweet innocent voice lays the biggest betrayer and evil person that wants to kill his own student.

I can't keep up with this facade of being nice to him and have sweet little talks concerning Alec and me when in reality he wants us dead.

Now that I know his true nature which he masked from the world, I could see that his forest green eyes held hatred for me, they held the fire, that wanted to just burn us for unknown reason.

"Drop the act Gil-fucking-fred." I said with a cold voice staring into his eyes.

(A/N: Gil-fucking-fred was suggested by @Sassyroe. Enjoy.)

His eyes held the confusion, then the confusion turned into understanding as his eyes turned into a menacing shade of green.

"So you remember, Jewel." He said laughing softly as if we were joking.

"You know, you should go in Hollywood. You will receive the award for the best actor in betraying people." I said.

Why was there no fear in me?

Why wasn't I running away from him as fast as possible?

He boomed out, "I know Jewel, just as I finish killing you both, I will try my chance and luck there." He said.

I looked steadily in his eyes, not an ounce of fear rooting in my heart.

Yes! I like this new Elisa.

I like this Elisa, who is not scaredy cat, who is able to stand up to the people.

I will never let him get to Alec.

He came closer to me and I know he wanted me to howl in fear of him, to beg him to let me live, to kill me with as much torture as possible.

In that case, he's in for a disappointment.