69. One last time.

Please read author's note at end.

Elisa's P.O.V

I fell down on my knees as I stared at Adam's lifeless eyes.

I shook him, "Adam? Adam please wake up! Please!" Finally the reality of what happened woke up in me and I went hysterical as I shook him.

"Adam wake up! You have a mate out there! You have just fallen in love! You need to live love! You can't go just like that!" I screamed at his sunken face as immeasurable tears fell out of my eyes.

Maybe I could bring him back?

I put my hands on his chest and called onto my powers but even as they came, nothing happened.

The wound did not seal up and his baby blue eyes remained lifeless.

He was... gone?

Adam is dead?

My heart refused to believe this, "Adam wake up! Please wake up! You need to read that novel please wake up! You need talk to your mate! You need to kiss her! You need to experience those things! You cannot just leave her like that! You cannot just leave me alone like this." I wailed out.

He can't just... go away!

But whatever I did, there was no response from him. He just laid there leaving me behind with pain in my heart.

He was like my missing twin, how could he just die? He is the reason that I'm strong today. He made me believe that I can stand for myself. He supported against all odds even when my own mate refused to believe me and now he's just.... gone? He was ready to give his life for me and now... I lost him?

I lost him! I lost my brother.

Rage fueled me as I glanced up to see Gil-f*cking-fred still holding Adam's heart in his impure hand.

But even with all the anger raging through my body, my voice came out only in whisper, "Why?"

He laughed, "Believe me Jewel, he was a real pain in the ass. Always coming in my way of hurting Alec. Finally I got rid of him." He said and my rage was directed in my palms.

I blasted him with my powers. He crushed into the lockers and slided down with a trail of blood.

"You son of a motherf*cking b*tch! He had nothing to do between us! He was just an innocent soul who had recently found the love of his life! How could you not have even an ounce of humanity in you? He was innocent all along! Why did you do this? WHY? You wanted to kill me then why bring him in the middle?" I screamed at him and punched his nose.

He growled like a wolf and slapped me so hard that I was thrown across the floor.

"There is no such thing as love in this world or maybe there is. But do you know what I love? I love to destroy love. It makes me very happy when I crush someone's love out of their bleeding hearts. I love to see the tears, the loved ones shed when I make them beg to me to spare their life. I live on hatred. And I'm so going to enjoy killing you!" He yelled at me.

I stood up and faced him, "No, Gilfred. Today you're going to die a death so painful that every creature in hell will pity you yet they will not show you an ounce of mercy when you land there. I will make sure of it." I said as more powers begged for a release.

He laughed again, "My precious Jewel, you're so innocent or the precise word would be dumb. Do you think I will let you throw me here and there with your powers and beg you for mercy? Nah! You're nothing compared to what I am! I have years of war strategies. Yes, maybe you're more powerful than me but the question is, could you use those powers tonight? On me?" He asked me.