Sherlock one shot x reader - therapy

A soft knock on the door made me look up. 'Come in.' I said and put my ring binder away. The door opened and revealed a smiling Sherlock. 'Hi.' He greeted. I smiled back at him and nodded at the chair on the opposite side of me. 'Sit down, Sherlock.' It had taken some time until I was allowed to call him 'Sherlock' instead of the usual 'Mister Holmes', and it had taken me even more time and a lot of effort until I had won his trust as his therapist. Sherlock took off his coat and hung it on the coat rack in the corner of the room. Every Monday and Thursday he visited me and I noticed he felt more at home every time he came. I heard him walking towards the empty chair and I rose to shake his hand before he took place. His hands were shaking and I wondered why. I sat down again and searched for his file in my ring binder.

'So, Sherlock.' I said and looked up to look him in the eyes, the door to one's soul. 'What is it? What has happened to you since our last meeting that you needed to talk to me so urgently?' I asked and smiled kindly. 'Or do you just wish to see me more often?' my smile became brighter but disappeared when Sherlock looked away. He stared at the blue painted wall. 'Sherlock? If you want to talk with me, you need to look at me.' I said and he turned his head to me again. 'Good. Now, tell me, what has happened?' 'Well, (y/n), I've been feeling quite...different since our last meeting. I can't eat, I can't sleep or focus on something longer than five seconds. My mindpalace, I've told you about it,' He looked at me with an asking face, not sure if I remembered but I nodded and he continued. 'well, I can't enter it for cases anymore. The only thing that's in my mindpalace is this one particular person.' He placed his fingers at his temples, his face showing pure frustration. 'I don't know what is happening to me, I've never been through this before. What must I do about it?' I sat up and sighed in annoyance. So he had come all the way to me just to talk about another criminal he wants to catch while he can't. I have explained to him many times that he can't think straight because he is emotional not right. Must I tell him the same again?

Sherlock, or like his file tells me, William Sherlock Scott Holmes, is a man full of surprises. Some pleasant, some not, but whatever he does, he always surprises me in some way. Like now. I started to explain Sherlock that he must stop thinking of any cases at all when he is not emotionally stable, but instead of listening carefully, glad that he didn't need to talk, he rose slowly. I stopped in the middle of a word to watch him. 'What are you doing?' I asked but I didn't get a reply. He neared me and bowed a bit to be at the same level of me sitting in my chair. I stared in his blue eyes, now filled with a glimmering I had never seen in them when I watched them during his therapy. His full lips moved a bit, I assume he doubted whether to tell me something or not. That kind of hurt me, he knew I could be trusted with anything, right? 'S-Sherlock? You can tell me anything, you know that, don't you?' I said, stuttering out of surprise. No reply, again. His head was at the left side of mine, far nearer than I let any patient but I let him since I was too frozen out of curiosity. I felt his hot breath in my neck as I stared at the place where his skin went on in dark curls. In a whisper I heard him talk right beside my ear and a pleasant shiver ran down my spine.

'I think I'm in love with you.'

A/N

Sooooooooo, I really hope you loved this one! I've seen the first episode of the fourth season and I really LOVED it, though it made me cry... (I'm not going to spoil, no worries). I loved the 'rattle' part! I'm so excited and can't wait for the next episode! Thank you so much for reading this and please vote and comment. Also, spare a few seconds to look at the amazing gif I've placed here, just a few seconds, or some minutes, or hours... ;-) Thank you so much and catch you later!

-MS

(P.S. Many hope Johnlock will be canon this season, do you? Let me know in the comments! ;-)  )