Sherlock request - Such things

A/N

Hello!

Another request, I know. I just first want to have all requests done before I continue with the 'normal' stories, so if you don't like all the requests, please be patient: the 'normal' stories will return when I finished the 'special' ones!

This is a request for ArdenHolmes, but everyone can read it if you want to! Thank you all so much for reading and ArdenHolmes, thank you so much for waiting so patiently! I really hope you'll like this little story!

This is what I've been asked to do:

Could you do one where Sherlock meets a girl named Arden at John's wedding and they really hit it off? I have long blond hair and brown eyes. I could be like johns sister or something like that, straight hair, and I like any kind of dancing style!

Okay, well, let's start!

***

After, with a lot of regret, I realised I had completely bitten off some of my carefully painted nails, I forced myself to stop biting them. But to stop biting my nails is to stop being nervous and that is something I can't do on command. It's natural to worry when your brother is marrying someone, isn't it? I hadn't really agreed with all the decorations. Though I must admit the place was beautiful. Yellow walls with those green painted leaves on it and all those high windows that had put the place into a wonderful glow when the sun was still up. Now the sun had already gone to sleep and the moon had taken care of us. The light the moon was like a present for the newlywed couple and it was certainly beautiful; his shining silver was bright and breathtakingly wonderful, even more wonderful than other clear nights when I stared out of the window to look upon his preposterous beauty.

Though it was beautiful, it wasn't enough to light the entire room so many candles were lit and separated around the room and a huge chandelier hung from the ceiling, turning the light of the little fires to beautiful reflexions that danced along with all the happy guests. Yes, that was beautiful, and the smell of Mary's favourite flowers in the air was great, but I still was nervous and shaking. I realised I almost bit my nail again and I took a deep breath. No, no more biting.

I looked around to find my brother, hoping that his happy face would calm mine. I couldn't find him in the crowd but a loud laugh from behind gave him away. I recognised the joyous sound I held so dear. 'Hi there, John.' I said and tried to hide away my true feelings with a big fake smile.

'Hi, my dear Arden!' He said happily. I frowned at him because of the unusual greeting. 'Sorry,' he apologised, 'I'm just really happy. And you aren't, I can see it. I thought you liked Mary.' He said. I placed a hand on my brother's shoulder. 'I do, John. I like Mary a lot and I think she'll be really good for you. I'm just not that comfortable in a crowd of people.' I said, though that wasn't the only reason for my worries. 'You know what you should do?' John asked me. 'You should dace with someone! Get to know someone better, have a drink, sing, get drunk, something! Anything. At least have fun.'

'I'm having fun.' I said and received a stern look. 'Really?' John asked. 'I don't believe you. Or you think that standing still watching me is fun, then okay.' I smiled. 'You are funny to watch.' He now grinned too. 'Why, thank you. But hey, it's my wedding and I command you to dance with someone. Search for a suitable person and dance, deal?' I looked at him and doubted. 'It's not a deal anymore,' John said, 'it's an order.' I smiled and saluted him. He did the same and laughed as he made his way back to Mary who saw us salute and saluted back at me with a played stern face. I returned the greeting with a smile.