Requested preference - violence- MYCROFT

You looked up from the papers of your book and looked around the living room to find something that could calm you down a bit. It was a dark day, the light of the sun had disappeared, it had made place for a complete darkness that was unusual for this time of the day. It was cold, and the cold outside seemed to have creeped in somehow, even though you had every window and door closed. You shivered and closed your eyes. But opened them after a brief moment, hoping the light had returned in the afternoon sky, but the sky was just as dark as when you looked at it with your eyes closed.

You were too upset and you needed to calm down a bit before Myc came back from work. You had a day off, and you thought it would do you some good, but instead of reading a book that would make you happy you had almost driven yourself to tears. This book, you thought, it is right. Why do people do that? Why do people feel that way? Why do I feel that way? It had been a very 'heavy' book, and your brain was pounding, trying desperately to process the information and questions it had given you. At the end of the day, it's one day less to be living. You thought.

No, you won't let yourself think that way. You threw the book on the ground and rose from your chair. End the end of the day there's another day dawning. You thought in protests against yourself and you walked around the living room with your hands in your hair in frustration. Calm down, come on girl, calm down... You stared at the book on the ground with hatred and disgust. The writer was right though. The aristocratic Antoine de la Matrette was a beautiful, well-mannered and clever man. He was rich and respected, but actually he was a lonely, weak and desperate for love. And he was in that sorry state because of his friends and family. Yes, the human race is decayed. Everyone is desperate, everyone is lonely.

The door closed and brought you a cold wind that made you shiver uncontrollably. It also brought you Mycroft and you ran towards him after he had put away his umbrella. Like a child greeting his father, like two lovers who had been separated for long tortuous years, you hugged him tightly, warming yourself with the warmth of his body. He smiled. 'Hello to you too.' He said and let a chuckle come through his voice. 'Once again my apologies for not being able to be with you today. But how was your day off, my darling?' He asked you. 'Not very good, actually. I've missed you.' You answered sweetly and gave him a small kiss on his cheek.

'I'm glad you're back.' You added when Mycroft suddenly let go of you and walked towards the book you had thrown on the ground. He lifted it and read the title of it. 'Why are you reading this?' He asked and slowly turned his head. 'This isn't a very positive book, my dear. I don't think it's good for you.' He said and looked at you concernedly. 'It isn't, I know. But it is very interesting and the writer is pretty right.' you admitted. 'Is he now?' He asked. 'Yes,' you answered, 'he is. Well, not entirely. He says that everyone on this planet is secretly decayed from the inside. I'm not pretty sure everyone is, but some certainly are.' you answered him and for some reason you didn't dare to look up. You didn't dare to meet the piercing eyes of Mycroft. 'Like who?' He asked, he seemed to have difficulties with speaking. Maybe this subject wasn't really to his liking. But you wanted to talk about this, you wanted to let him know he had no reason the feel lonely.

'Well...' you said and, without actually knowing why, you added '...like you.' 'Me?' The astonished voice of Mycroft sounded a bit louder than usual through the room and it scared you a bit. 'Yes, I mean. I guess we all are, or something like that.' You said and nervously placed your weight from one foot to the other. 'I don't think that I-.' Mycroft cut himself off. 'No, maybe the people but not me.' He again spoke as if he wasn't part of the population on this Earth, as if he stood above them. 'Well, I think you are too. We are all craving for love inside.' You answered and looked up briefly but looked away quickly. Mycroft's eyes were too much for you. He didn't know what to say on that at first, but thought of something eventually. 'But in that poisonous book they talk about people being decayed from the inside, not only craving for love. They say people are weak and broken creatures, bearing more pain than describable.' He reminded me. 'Yeah...' You said, 'Isn't that how you sometimes feel?' you asked, knowing he'd deny it but also knowing it was true. 'Me? No!' He denied, 'Not at all! Why do you think of me like that?!'

'Come on, Myc. Just admit it. Even though I try to make you feel loved, you still feel alone.' You said softly and looked up. 'No! I'm not lonely, my love. I'm not-' He cut himself off again. 'It wouldn't make a bit of difference whether I respond to your crazy phrases; you wouldn't believe me anyway, you're way too stubborn for that.' He said and walked towards the door with your book still in his hand. He straightened his posture and his chin went a bit up in the air. 'See! You're doing it again! You're straightening your posture and you walk away! You flee whenever a conversation gets too emotional for you! That's what proves me my thoughts are right! I'm not just stubborn, I'm observant!' You shouted. He chuckled when you said "observant" but it was a sarcastic chuckle without any real joy.

He turned again and placed his hands on my shoulder. 'Love, I assure you, I'm not lonely.'

'Yes you are! And I just want to let you know that you don't have to! You're a sad and desperate creature, begging people not to hurt you behind your intelligent! You'r-' He cut me off by slapping me in the face. 'I am not lonely!' He screamed and a single tear stung in his eyes. I stared at him, one hand searched for the sore spot and I placed my hand on my cheek. 'Did you actually... you actually hit me!' You shrieked in terror. 'How could you?!' You stepped away as if Mycroft was a monster whom you should keep distance from. 'How dare you!' You added angrily and confused. 'Get out of here!' You commanded him and pointed with a shaking finger at the door. Mycroft started to protest softly and he wanted to say something but you raised your voice and yelled: 'Get out! Now!' Eventually, Mycroft obeyed and he left with a sad look on his face. Sadness, disappointment but above all loneliness.

It was very odd not having Mycroft around you this night, and you sort of missed him. While you wondered where he would be, what he would do and how he would feel, you turned into another position in your bed, hoping it would allow you to fall asleep though you knew it wouldn't. A restless night awaited you and you closed your eyes when a single tear ran down your cheek.

The next morning you were woken by the light of day and you noticed your pillow being wet because of your tears. It was a bright day, the sun shone happily in the sky but the joy of the day annoyed you since you felt anything but joyful. You stepped out of your bed and grumpily made your way down the stairs. In the living room stood Mycroft who looked up at you with a desperate look on his face. 'Didn't I tell you to get the h** out of here?' You asked him. 'My darling,' he started and you looked away, 'I've walked the cold streets during the whole night, and I desperately wanted to see you again. Please love, I'm sorry!' He said, still standing in the living room with an uncomfortable look on his face. 'I got upset because...' He said and moved his weight for one foot to the other. 'Because I was right?' You said and he slightly nodded. 'Yes, because you were right. I might feel, how must I say this? I might...' He stopped again and you smiled at him. 'I forgive you, dear Mycroft. I'm glad you finally admit it. Even though hurting me was the first step to do so.' You placed a hand at his cheek. 'Myc, you don't have to feel lonely. I'm here with you. Forever.'

You grinned: 'Whether you like it or not.' You added and he seemed to smile too, though tears stung in his eyes. 'Let them fall down, Myc. Tears are emotion. They show me that you care.' 'Of course do I care.' He muttered. 'I love you.' Your smile brightened. 'I know. I love you too.'

*Extended edition*

You both stood there, finally emotion won the fight over the manners Mycroft had learnt. Finally he was back home. The first step had been made. Finally, he understood he wasn't alone anymore.

A/N

Hey there!

Soooo, this was the Mycroft part, Graham and Jim are yet to follow! I really hope you liked it! Thank you so much for reading! Tell me what you think of it and please comment and vote! 

Have a happy Ascension Day!  ;-)

Catch you later!

-MS

(P.S. Just by the way: if you ever feel like watching a film but you don't know what film, watch 'Les Choristes', it's really worth watching! I've watched it twice and will watch it many more times! It's a wonderful film, especially when you like French, music, songs, singing or cute boys. And the combination is breathtaking! Bye!)