Preference - Studying > Mycroft

I turned the pages over and over without actually reading them. I was too reluctant to look at the words and read them. Mycroft came in as I sighed. 'What's wrong, my darling?' He said and walked towards the cough I was sitting on. He sat down next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, rubbing my upper arm with his thumb. 'What's troubling you?' I looked up and saw Mycroft's eyes scanning the room. His eyes stopped as he saw the glass on the table. He took it and smelled it, then looked at me with a stern face. 'You know it isn't a good idea to drink alcohol in the middle of your exams.' I nodded. 'What are you studying, maybe I can help, alcohol will certainly not.' He offered kindly. I smiled: I liked the idea of Mycroft helping me. He had been so patient and sweet to me lately. He supported me during these exams, with little visits in the breaks and sweet encouraging words. He really wanted me to pass my exams, knowing I would spend more time with him when I was done studying. The subject I was supposed to learn right now was my last exam. 'I know it's your last exam, but you should still really do your best for this last one. What is the subject you're studying?' I let him look over my shoulder. Mycroft removed his arm around me and took my book to see it better and read what I was supposed to know for my last exam. I watched his face as he did. It turned from smiling to confused and eventually angry. 'What is it? Don't you understand it?' I asked. Mycroft looked at me. 'Of course I understand it, that's not it. Do you really need to know this for your exams?' I nodded. 'Well, you don't need this for your life. What a dumb school to let you study this! You should focus on things that makes sense, things that actually matter.' He said and threw my book away. 'Hey! Am I not supposed to study that?' Mycroft rose and looked at me. 'No. Besides, it's your last exam, what can possibly go wrong? You don't need to do your best on this one.' He said as he took the bottle I had drank from and poured a drink for both of us. Then he sat down. 'On you, because you passed your exam.' Mycroft smiled sweetly at me and pushed his arm around me again. 'Cheers.'

A/N

I really hope you like this preference! Thank you so much for reading, please vote and comment. Let me know who your prefered studypartner is, John, Sherlock, Mycroft or Jim (following story). Thanks again and bye! Catch you later!

-MS