Greg Lestrade, requested by @Magic_and_books - six o'clock

A/N

Hey! @Magic_and_books, this one is for you! I really hope you'll like this one since I really did my best on it and wrote it when I should have been studying. (Oops!) Anyway... enjoy! ;-)

'You should just tell him! Maybe he likes you too!' Molly shouted smiling brightly. 'If you don't try, you'll never know.' She had been teasing me since the very moment I had told her I liked him. Well, like is a small word. Loved or adored may be better. 'Shut up, Molly.' I said and looked away since I didn't want my sister to see me blushing like crazy. 'You tell me I should let him know I love him, but when was the last time you tried to tell Sherlock you loved him?' Her smile dissapeared immediatelly. 'Sherlock is different, you know that, Grace.' She muttered and looked away.

'Anyway,' she said, 'where are you going?' I wrapped my scarf around my neck and checked my hair in the small mirror that hung in the hall. Red curles decorated my face and hazelnut brown eyes stared back at me. I was satisfied with the sight after some lipgloss. 'I'm going to visit my love.' I giggled. 'You mean passing by and stare at him.' I looked at my sister whose smile had returned. 'I don't stare!' I screamed in protest. 'You know what you should do?' Molly said and I shook my head. 'You should commit a crime so he'll need to interrogate you.' She suggested. I smiled. 'I'll do that. Don't be afraid when you see me in the breaking news.' I joked and hugged my sister tightly. 'Wish me good luck.' I whispered softly and already felt the nerves that had always kept me from talking to my love. 'Good luck.' Molly said, smiling kindly with her hand on my shoulders. 'Pass my greetings on to Greg!' She shouted as I closed the door. Greg, even his name was like music to my ears.

The cold wind almost blew me away but I kept on walking, although with effort. I shall reach the police station, even if it was the last thing I did. Maybe I'd act like I was visiting someone, maybe I'd just bring some buns or donuts with me. Greg would like them and we could eat them together while talking about everything that happened today. Maybe he'll like it so much that he'll ask me on a date... No, that's absurd. I knew I wouldn't dare to talk to him, well, maybe some words but a whole conversation wouldn't go without me stuttering. Maybe Molly was right: maybe I'll just pass by and stare through the windows, hoping I'd see him. I was discussing my options with myself when I heard a voice call my name.

'Grace! Grace Hooper!' I looked around and found Greg walking towards me with a big smile on his face. Quickly, I corrected my hair that had become a bit messy and turned to face him. 'y-yes?' There it was: I stuttered again. 'You look nice today.' He smiled, making me blush.' Oh, thank you. You do too.' I said and looked at his nice blond hair and kind eyes that shone with lights of joy. 'I was hoping I'd see you again.' He said. 'Y-you was?' He nodded. 'Yeah, I, eh, had hoped you would, maybe, like to, eh...' I smiled when I saw him being so awkward. 'To what?' 'To go out with me? Someday, but, eh, it's okay if you say 'no', it's totally your choice...' He stuttered. 'I'd love to go out with you.' He smiled when I said that. 'Really?' I nodded. 'Okay, what about tomorrow at six o'clock, same spot?' I smiled and nodded again. 'Wait,' I said, 'it's Friday tomorrow, don't you have work to do?' I asked. 'I'll make some time for you. See you tomorrow?' I nodded. 'See you tomorrow.' When he walked away, he turned and shouted 'six o'clock!' before disappearing out of my sight.

I had never run this fast, even with the strong wind I had never been this fast. I opened the door and found Molly in the hall. I hugged her and shouted: 'He asked me out! He asked me out!' Oh, what a wonderful day, I couldn't wait until tomorrow. Yet I was unaware of what terrors were awaiting me on that horrible day...

In my best dress, with perfect curled hair, shining eyes and smiling brightly I waited at the same spot I had met him yesterday. In five minutes it would be six o'clock precisely. But I waited and waited in the cold dark twilight, constantly looking at the Big Ben I could see from this spot. The minutes rushed away until it was half past six, a quarter for seven, seven o'clock, taking my smile away with them. I shivered and felt like crying. He hadn't come, he didn't care. I shook my head as if I wanted to shake the poisonous thoughts out my head. He's probably still at his work, I decided to go visit him. Moving was difficult after standing for so long but I reached the police station within five minutes.