Mycroft - Mother's day special

I put my coat on and relieved the door from its lock. 'Myc!' I shouted, playing in despair. I wasn't, but I knew it was the only way, and the fastest way, to get Mycroft to come to me. 'Come downstairs! Help!' Mycroft came running down, looking concerned. 'What's wrong? Are you hurt?' he asked me. Funny how his abilities to analyse my emotions though my voice became disabled when I played hurt.

He saw the smile on my face and immediately knew his mistake, causing him to try and run up the stairs again, but I grabbed hold of his ankle. 'No, stay here. You're not going anywhere.'

Mycroft looked down. 'I don't want to go there!' He protested. 'And I don't think she wants me to visit her, either. She doesn't even know my whole name anymore, it's not important enough to remain in her memory.'

I looked up and rolled my eyes, tightening my grasp around his ankle. 'Nonsense, Mycroft. I call you 'Myc' as well and it doesn't bother you, well, it does... but still. And she's your mother, for goodness sake, she remembers your name and wants you to visit her. Do you know why?'

Mycroft shrugged his shoulders. 'I suppose it's because she loves me, isn't that the cliché you believe in?'

I looked offended at him. 'You're calling love a cliché?' I said, and let go of his ankle to place my hands on my hips, knowing that Myc won't flee now I was so offended. 'N-no, not at all.' He sighed. 'It's just, I don't want to go. And I don't want you to go either. Please stay.' His fingers wrapped themselves around my wrists, but I shook them loose.

'Myc, no more conversation. We're going to your mother because it's Mother's day and I've bought her a present since you didn't buy anything. I'm going and you, Mycroft Holmes, are coming with me.'

And so we actually went. I felt like I was dragging along a whining and complaining child but it seems I was not the only one. Just in front of the house where the Holmes parents live, I met John who was dragging Sherlock along in the same way.

'Brother mine.' Said Mycroft as he saw Sherlock and John.

'Mycroft! I see you're being held captive as well, ready to face your doom?' Asked Sherlock, who was still in his blue morning clothing. 'Don't exaggerate.' Said John sassily. 'It's Mother's day, Sherlock, go and pay some respect to the one who gave birth to you.'

I looked at Mycroft and nodded. 'Yeah Myc, you too, pay some respect to the woman who placed you on this planet.'

Mycroft simply shrugged his shoulders again. 'I've never asked her to.'

And, while Sherlock chuckled, John and I rolled our eyes and continued our duty until the doorbell was rung and the door opened. Father Holmes opened the door just after John and I had pushed our presents into the brother's hands. 'Smile Mycroft.' I commanded him as I tapped John on the shoulder. 'Good job.'

The door opened and Mycroft and Sherlock simultaneously put on the fakest smiles ever. Their father looked surprised, but luckily he led us in anyway. There was his wife, Mycroft's mother.

'Ah Sherlock! Myc!' She said and smiled. Mycroft immediately wanted to turn around and leave, but there I was to block the way. 'March on.' I told him sternly and he sighed before he turned around and put on that ridiculous smile again. 'Mother, such a pleasure to see you again.' He lied. 'Sherlock and I have brought you some presents to thank the woman whom we call mother.'

She raised an eyebrow. 'You two have brought me presents? Really?'

John stood in front of Sherlock, to hide the detective behind him so the attention was on John, not on Sherlock. 'Yeah, Sherlock had been occupied with searching a fitting gift for weeks now. And this one is just perfect, he told me.' Then John stood beside Sherlock and pushed him forward. I did the same with Mycroft so now the brothers stood next to each other, with the to them unknown presents in their hands.

'Happy Mother's day, mother.' Said Mycroft and handed her the gift. 'I hope you like it.' He added.

'Yeah, mother.' Said Sherlock on his turn and handed his mother the gift. 'Mine is better than his, open mine first.'

'Ha, you wish.' Said I with a smirk. 'Mycroft's is definitely better.' John turned to face me. 'No it isn't, mine, euh, I mean Sherlock's is the absolute best. He bought her something she'd adore.'

The Holmes parents looked at the fighting John and me, and eventually smiled. 'I didn't know I had four children.' Said the woman and smiled warmly, even at Sherlock, who seemed amused, and Mycroft, who seemed even more amused than Sherlock.

'I'm glad you're all here, we're a family after all.'

A/N

Yay! Mother's day! Did you do anything for/with your mother today? I bought her some chocolates, and flowers. And then me and my sister made her a cake! (It's delicious, and I'm very proud.) ;-)

It's all about the mothers, right? One day, Sherlock and Mycroft will see that too and on that day, Sherlock and Mycroft might just bake a cake together for their mommy... That'd be funny!

Well, I hope y'all had a great day and liked this little special that I wrote. Please vote and comment and catch you later, dearies!

-MS    ;-D

Such an odd family, the Holmes family... But it's also a very nice one and it's surely never boring! ;-)