Sherlock one shot x reader - The detective's smile /the wedding

A movement next to me made me wake up out of my peaceful and silent slumber and I opened my weary eyelids. 'Sherlock?' I asked and looked around. Yes, he still lay next to me and he smiled at me. I probably looked very funny with my messy hair and tired expression. 'Good morning beautiful.' He said and smirked. 'Oh shut up. As if you wake up like Prince Charming.' I said and hit him with a pillow. Oh, who was I kidding? He looked amazing, even when he just woke up. His dark messy curls and knife-sharp cheekbones were beautiful and his blue eyes looked breathtaking in contrast with the white pillow he rested his head on.

'It is today, isn't it?' I asked him and closed my eyes again, wanting to sleep on. It was a question I asked him every morning. I began two weeks ago and always heard a negative answer, so I expected to hear a 'no' this time too. But I didn't. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He still smiled. 'You're joking right now.' I said and felt some nervousness sneaking into my heart. With an annoyed sigh I tuned my back at him and placed my head in a better position on my pillow. 'You're just joking.' I suddenly felt his arms around me and heard his low voice in my ear. 'No, I'm not.'

I quickly sat up straight and looked around the room. 'You're not?' He shook his head as an answer. 'It is today?' I asked again, feeling more nervous than ever. 'Yes, it is.' He said. I stood up and looked at him, he looked up from out of the bed and we both stared at each other for a brief moment before we realised what we had been saying; It was today.

We would get married today.

A big grin appeared on my face and I ran out of the room to wake John. 'John! John! It is today!!!' I shouted and hugged him happily. Even though I had just woken him he smiled too, he was happy for me I supposed. 'Good thing you have everything well planned.' He said and we both thought of the time that had passed. 'Good thing it will be over soon...' John softly said and I kind of agreed with him.

From the folding the serviettes to thinking of a proper colour for the dresses of the bridesmaids, Sherlock had though of everything and he all did it quickly and straight-faced. John thought Sherlock to be terrified for the big day and that made him do everything quickly because he wanted to have it done as soon as possible. Poor thing... he had been so nervous!

'So, it's the big day then.' Mrs. Hudson said happily and looked at Sherlock who just walked out the bedroom dressed in his blue dressing gown. 'What big day?' He asked and we all looked at him with an amazed look our faces. 'The wedding! You and (y/n) are getting married!' Mrs. Hudson said and looked a bit disappointed. 'Two people who currently live together are about to attend church, have a party, go on a short holiday then carry on living together, what's big about that?' He asked and stared emotionlessly at us.

'It changes people, look how much (y/n) has changed you already!' John said. 'I didn't change him; I brought out the best in him.' I said. I always hated to say that I 'changed' Sherlock. I didn't want to change him, he was amazing just the way he was. I just brought out the best that was hidden inside him. 'I bet you're just nervous.' I said and wrapped my arms around his waist. 'Maybe you're right.' He whispered and wrapped his arms lovingly around me too. Mrs. Hudson smiled excitedly. 'Oh, just look at that.' She said as I kissed my groom and she punched against John's arm. 'Don't you stare at the ceiling, look at that.' 

'Are you excited for today?' I asked Molly as she helped me with my dress

'Are you excited for today?' I asked Molly as she helped me with my dress. 'Me? Yes! Totally! Though Mycroft certainly isn't. Let me quote him: "what is so excited about Sherlock and (y/n) willingly entering the last legal form of slavery?" That's what he said!' She told me. 'But I think he's happy for Sherlock to have found another person who's good for him. I think he's happy and proud from the inside.' She added and I smiled at her; I think he secretly was happy and proud too. At least I was happy, and so was Sherlock. Only his nervousness didn't allow him to feel the joy he should feel. But that would come soon enough, I knew that. I couldn't wait for him to finally see me.

Everyone rose as I walked into the room. Luckily I had someone to lean on while I walked down the aisle since I would fall down if there was no one to hold me up. My legs were so weak. Greg, Mycroft, Molly, Anderson, John, even my mother, everyone had come and everyone looked at me with a happy look on their faces. Mrs. Hudson seemed the happiest of all and John was almost crying.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on me and nervously smiled. Everyone looked at the bride, and that's the part when you should actually be looking at the groom. The look on his face when he sees the love of his life nearing him. The happiness and love in his eyes. I looked at Sherlock while everyone looked at me. The emotionless look on his face disappeared immediately and he looked at me with pure love and joy written all over his face. He smiled at me. I smiled back. Both knowing what would happen. Both happy for it to happen. Both happy to do it together.

'I honestly don't know why I am standing here right now, trying to come up with the right words to say to you all. That is because I haven't got the slightest idea why someone like you, (y/n), would ever love me. I am the most unpleasant, rude, ignorant for beauty and annoying person one could have the misfortune to meet. And (y/n) you are the kindest, funniest, sweetest, cleverest and most beautiful woman I have ever got the fortune to meet. You are brave and loving and even though you hate to hear it: you have changed me. I noticed that. You have changed me for the better. I never saw myself capable of loving someone, but how could someone, even someone like me, meet you without falling madly in love with you? I honestly never thought I'd do this, but now I am actually doing this, I'm glad it is with you.' Sherlock said and smiled at me sweetly.

And I looked at him, stared at him with a tear stinging in my eyes. The sweet smile on his face melted the nervousness I felt away for it was full of pure love... for me. We would be together from now on and the love we both felt burning inside would keep us together. I knew he was ignorant, rude and truly out of his mind... but I loved this person with all my being. And the fact that he loved me too was the most beautiful gift I could ever receive in my life. We both knew that whatever would come, we would face it together. Come one with the rain, I will still have a smile on my face. We would fight, hurt, recover and celebrate together.

If I fell, I knew he would pick me up and I'd do the same for him. And that loving smile, that smile that decorated his face, was the prove. The detective's smile. No, the groom's smile. Whatever would come, we'd face it. We were strong enough. I reached out for his hand and grabbed it, he softly pinched in mine. He looked at me and smiled, I did the same. No words needed.

Bring it on, world, we are ready for it.

A/N

Hey there! So this was another Sherlock one shot x reader, sort of a part three. Kind of crappy but oh well... I'm sorry, I'm just dealing with another writers block right now...

Bit too cliché? Maybe? I just really love weddings! I actually sometimes enjoy looking up wedding rituals from several countries like the 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue' from Great Brittain and the French amazing wedding Croquembouche tower. In Poland, at least the part I visited, they do this funny thing before weddings that the groom has to 'buy' the bride with vodka and then the bride's family members keep harassing the couple while they make their way to the Church by blocking the way and stuff. It's really funny to witness!

Just imagine the first dance with Sherlock... *sighs deamily* ;-)

If you're in a cliché mood and you want to see wedding films, I recommend 'leap year' and '27 dresses'.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! Please vote and let me know what you think of this one shot (even though it was kind of bad, sorry...) and who you think would be the most suitable as husband from the Sherlock cast! Thank you so much once again and...

...catch you later!

-MS